user's include directory

how would i find out the user's include directory?

I've been thinking something along the lines of incuding Misc.au3 (or any other include file) and finding the directory of that...any ideas?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

There is no need to programmatically find this information. If a user has installed AutoIt on their computer using the provided installer, writing your #include line like this:

; take note: angled brackets
#include <Misc.au3>

will have AutoIt include it from the user's Include directory.

Edit: And if you want the path for some other reason, you can most likely deduce it from the information provided in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt. You shouldn't rely on users installing AutoIt with the installer though (in which case no key will exist).

Edited by LxP

i bet its

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\

just i guess i could be COMPLETELY off

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats what it is for me, but it could be different for some other users.

is there no way to find the location of an included file?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

There is no need to programmatically find this information. If a user has installed AutoIt on their computer using the provided installer, writing your #include line like this:

; take note: angled brackets
#include <Misc.au3>

will have AutoIt include it from the user's Include directory.

Edit: And if you want the path for some other reason, you can most likely deduce it from the information provided in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt. You shouldn't rely on users installing AutoIt with the installer though (in which case no key will exist).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know about the angled brackets thing, but thanks for replying. and yes, i want to find the location of the directory, to do more than incuding it.

edit: typo

Edited by theguy0000

this is somewhat time consuming..it does search ALL files/directorys

dir /s C:\ >> C:\zlist.txt
find /I "\Include" C:\zlist.txt >> C:\zsearch.txt

thats straight off command prompt

so in autoit just put a _RunDOS in front of it and you should be good :whistle:

Edited by B3TA_SCR1PT3R

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]