active window size?

matsa

Go to solution Solved by FireFox,

Please forgive this noob for asking such simple things. So far I haven't figured out which function can tell me the dimensions of an active window.

(Say, I want to click on the "OK" button of a dialog box that always pops in the center of a window. I know the offset of the OK button from the center, i.e. 200,200. So if I can get the size of the windows, then I can get the coords of the center and then easily calculate where exactly that "OK" button is.)

I hope my question makes sense.  :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Please forgive this noob for asking such simple things. So far I haven't figured out which function can tell me the dimensions of an active window.

(Say, I want to click on the "OK" button of a dialog box that always pops in the center of a window. I know the offset of the OK button from the center, i.e. 200,200. So if I can get the size of the windows, then I can get the coords of the center and then easily calculate where exactly that "OK" button is.)

I hope my question makes sense.  :rolleyes:

Thank you!

You just want to click on okay button, you know the coord? Use http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/MouseClick.htm

• Solution

matsa,

Welcome to the autoit forum :)

Take a look at the helpfile:

-WinGetPos, get the position and size of a window.

-MouseClick

However, I advice you to use ControlClick and get the window/button infos with the infotool.

Br, FireFox.

-WinGetPos, get the position and size of a window.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

However, I advice you to use ControlClick and get the window/button infos with the infotool.

It's a web page I am working with, which doesn't seem to use windows controls, and thus ControlClick doesn't seem to apply. Wish it did. Thank you though.