IE UDF post login issue on secure site

I am trying to create a script to automate a long winded reporting process. A small input element of this is some HTML reports from some iFolder servers, all of which have identical versions of the software and use an identical user name and password.

The finished intention is a script that , once the user has input the required parameters, runs without intervention and hidden, producing only the finished reports. (This process will be slow as there is a significant amount of writing arays to Excel and suchlike, so it may normally be launched and left to run overnight).

It logs in successfully, but fails to do anything after logging in. However if I disable the _IEQuit, so that the window stays open and run it again, all is fine. I'm struggling to see why, or how to solve it.

Here's the script

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $aSites
Global $SiteFile = '\\hccarchive02\vol1\logs\if_mig\sites.txt'
Global $Username = InputBox('iFolder Server Reports', 'Please enter the iFolder admin account User name', '')
Global $Password = InputBox('iFolder Server Reports', 'Please enter the password for the iFolder admin account', '', '*')

_FileReadToArray($SiteFile, $aSites)

For $i = 1 To $aSites[0]
    GetReport($aSites[$i])
    ; More Stuff
Next

Func GetReport($Site)
    $oIE = _IECreate('https://ifolder.' & $Site & '.hertscc.gov.uk/iFolderServer/Admin/Reporting.htm', 0 , 1 , 1)
    _IELinkClickByText($oIE, 'Continue to this website (not recommended).')
    Local $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, 'MAINFRAME')
    Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oFrame, 'mainform')
    Local $oUsername = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "User")
    Local $oPassword = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, 'Password')
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oUsername, $Username, 1)
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oPassword, $Password, 1)
    _IEFormImageClick($oForm, '/iFolder/adminconsole/buttons/btnlogin_en.gif', 'src')
    sleep(2000)
    $oFrame2 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, 'NAVFRAME')
    _IELinkClickByText($oFrame2, 'User Accounts')
    Sleep(500)
    Local $oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection($oFrame, 0)
    _IEFormImageClick($oForm2, '/iFolder/adminconsole/buttons/btndisplay_en.gif', 'src')
    $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oFrame, 1)
    $aReport = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable, True)
    _ArrayDisplay($aReport)
    ; _IEQuit ($oIE)
EndFunc   ;==>GetReport

and here's the code for the frame that causes the problem:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=utf-8">
    <TITLE>Navigation</TITLE>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/iFolder/adminconsole/html/hf_style.css">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#DFDDD5">
    <div class="head4">
        Reporting</div>
    <div class="task1">
        <A HREF="Reporting.htm&GeneralInformation" target="MAINFRAME">General Info</A></div>
    <div class="task1">
        <A HREF="Reporting.htm&iFolder_Servers" target="MAINFRAME">iFolder Servers</A></div>
    <div class="task1">
        <A HREF="Reporting.htm&LDAPDirectories" target="MAINFRAME">User LDAPs</A></div>
    <div class="task1">
        <A HREF="Reporting.htm&UserAccounts" target="MAINFRAME">User Accounts</A></div>
</BODY>
</HTML>

First time the login completes but the diagnostic MsgBox never displays. Second time it runs fine and I get all the data in the array.This is what I see in the Scite debug when it fails:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\Ifolder Migration\Post Migration\Analysis\IE_Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>12:58:22 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.9    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>12:58:22 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\Ifolder Migration\Post Migration\Analysis\IE_Test.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (638) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
While Not (String($oTemp.top.document.readyState) = "complete" Or $o_object.top.document.readyState = 4 Or $f_Abort)
While Not (String($oTemp.top.document.readyState) = "complete" Or $o_object.top^ ERROR
->12:58:39 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

Suggestions gratefully received.

first:

can you answer to me ?

did you try this:

try use:

$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)

instead of

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oFrame, 'mainform')

how I sugest to You here:

secondly:

how you get reference to :

$o_object

and

$oTemp

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hi mlipok,

That resolved my earlier issue, but doesn't make any difference to this one.

So in the future it would be nice if someone helps you, if you wrote back and confirmed that the solution was helpful.

Secondly, it would be good if you apply using the "Mark Solved" (see my signature)

$o_object and $oTemp are variables in the UDF, not my script.

but now

a... I see now

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3

So now tell me, to what point do you think the script is working well?

EDIT:

besides

if the previous solution resolved your earlier issue, why you still using this :

EDIT:

o sorry I was bussy, emergency call and I dont see your answer in previous post when I start writing this message

I express deep regret

Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

So in the future it would be nice if someone helps you, if you wrote back and confirmed that the solution was helpful.

Secondly, it would be good if you apply using the "Mark Solved" (see my signature)

As indeed I did, once I'd got free of the inevitable interruptions at work.

What appears to happen is the line

_IEFormImageClick($oForm, '/iFolder/adminconsole/buttons/btnlogin_en.gif', 'src')

works, because the post login page loads correctly. However the script just exits at that point and the following MsgBox never displays. If I then run the script again, without closing the previous IE window it all works fine. The MsgBox shows no error, the subsequent commands complete and the array displays with the correct data.

I was busy

so back to topic:

I ask you why you still using this:

modyfi your script

ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oForm) = ' & IsObj($oForm) &@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oUsername) = ' & IsObj($oUsername) &@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oPassword) = ' & IsObj($oPassword) &@CRLF)

and take back your console output.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

This is getting curioser. On the first instance, when it fails I get the following:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\Ifolder Migration\Post Migration\Analysis\IE_Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>16:52:32 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.9    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
+>16:52:32 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\Ifolder Migration\Post Migration\Analysis\IE_Test.au3"    
IsObj($oForm) = 1
IsObj($oUsername) = 1
IsObj($oPassword) = 1
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (638) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

However at the second run IsObj returns 0 for all

+>16:55:17 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.9    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
+>16:55:17 AU3Check ended.rc:0
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetCollection, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
IsObj($oForm) = 0
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
IsObj($oUsername) = 0
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
IsObj($oPassword) = 0
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormImageClick, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetCollection, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormImageClick, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
+>16:55:42 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 25.612

However at this point the rest of the script works. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

where / when is the second one ? talk me something more what change in mean while ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Do not use   Sleep

try to use      _IELoadWait($oIE)

why you redeclaring $oFrame2 ?

EDIT:

besides

You clicking 4 times

why you not waiting 4 times ?

change your script and give what you have

Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

As indeed I did, once I'd got free of the inevitable interruptions at work.

What appears to happen is the line

works, because the post login page loads correctly. However the script just exits at that point and the following MsgBox never displays. If I then run the script again, without closing the previous IE window it all works fine. The MsgBox shows no error, the subsequent commands complete and the array displays with the correct data.

Sounds to me like the page isn't finished loading when you are running your script.  Even though you are waiting for the page to load in IECreate I would bet there is more going on after IE is saying the loading is complete.  If this is the case (can test with a sleep/msgbox delay after IE create but before the rest of the script), then you should create your own waiting loop that waits on a specific element that only exists after the page is truly fully loaded.

Sounds to me like the page isn't finished loading when you are running your script.  Even though you are waiting for the page to load in IECreate I would bet there is more going on after IE is saying the loading is complete.  If this is the case (can test with a sleep/msgbox delay after IE create but before the rest of the script), then you should create your own waiting loop that waits on a specific element that only exists after the page is truly fully loaded.

@danwilli

I think the same way.

I not wanting to give the fish immediately.
Better to give a fishing rod.

No offense.

@speleologist 

Because of that I give you 

a step by step info ,   to show you how you can to learn what is wrong

Do not use   Sleep

besides

You clicking 4 times

why you not waiting 4 times ?

My question was simple and easy to understand.
I hope I have helped you expand and systematize your knowledge.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I'm not getting much chance to look at this today so far. Hopefully things will be less rushed this afternoon.

Do not use   Sleep

Have tried this, and also putting sleep statements after each action. It makes no difference. Also the help file suggests that _IELoadWait is already called by _IECreate and the evidence

why you redeclaring $oFrame2 ?

I'm not redeclaring it. It's declared once and references the 'NAVFRAME', a different frame. I declare $oForm2, to reference a new form that has loaded into 'MainFrame'

So where have I got to?

Well none of the sleep or _IELoadWait have made a difference, but what I have found is the following. If there is no logged in IE window open the script exits immediately on clicking the login button. The page then loads but the script has already exited. The MsgBox (below) never displays.

$Login = _IEFormImageClick($oForm, '/iFolder/adminconsole/buttons/btnlogin_en.gif', 'src')
MsgBox ( 0 , 'Login' , $Login )

At this point the error is from line 672 of the UDF, which is the _IELoadWait function.

While Not (String($oTemp.top.document.readyState) = "complete" Or $o_object.top.document.readyState = 4 Or $f_Abort)
While Not (String($oTemp.top.document.readyState) = "complete" Or $o_object.top^ ERROR

So it looks like a problem with the "top.document.readyState" property of the main window, but putting delays in doesn't improve things. Looking at it a bit further the line where the error occurs is part of a "Case Else", where the object passed to _IELoadWait is not one of the following object types:

browser

window

document

Yet if I understand what's going on correctly, the value being passed as $o_object is the object $oIE that was created by _IECreate.

I'm still puzzled, but I'll hopefully get a chance to experiment more this afternoon.

Have tried this, and also putting sleep statements after each action. It makes no difference. Also the help file suggests that _IELoadWait is already called by _IECreate and the evidence

_IECreate indeed use _IELoadWait 

the same with

_IEFormImageClick
_IELinkClickByText

when you using this function do the page Load new contents ?

I'm not redeclaring it. It's declared once and references the 'NAVFRAME', a different frame. I declare $oForm2, to reference a new form that has loaded into 'MainFrame'

I talking about this:

$oFrame2 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, 'NAVFRAME')
    Sleep(500)

is this better ?

Local $oFrame2 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, 'NAVFRAME')
    Sleep(500)
    $oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection($oFrame, 0)

EIDT: F..k    ... I must change my glasses, all is right here with declaring

Yet if I understand what's going on correctly, the value being passed as $o_object is the object $oIE that was created by _IECreate.

Not always this can be Form or Frame or other one.

Besides can you describe what website do when you click

_IEFormImageClick($oForm2, '/iFolder/adminconsole/buttons/btndisplay_en.gif', 'src')
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

try this:

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $aSites
Global $Username = InputBox('iFolder Server Reports', 'Please enter the iFolder admin account User name', '')
Global $Password = InputBox('iFolder Server Reports', 'Please enter the password for the iFolder admin account', '', '*')

For $i = 1 To $aSites[0]
    GetReport($aSites[$i])
    ; More Stuff
Next

Func GetReport($Site)
    $oIE = _IECreate('https://ifolder.' & $Site & '.hertscc.gov.uk/iFolderServer/Admin/Reporting.htm', 0, 1, 1)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oFrame) = ' & IsObj($oFrame) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oFrame)) & '  Obj.type = ' & $Obj.type & @CRLF)
    Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oFrame, 0)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oForm) = ' & IsObj($oForm) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oIE)) & '  $oIE.type = ' & $oIE.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oUsername) = ' & IsObj($oUsername) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oUsername)) & '  $oUsername.type = ' & $oUsername.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oPassword) = ' & IsObj($oPassword) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oPassword)) & '  $oPassword.type = ' & $oPassword.type & @CRLF)

sleep(2000)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oFrame2) = ' & IsObj($oFrame2) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oFrame2)) & '  $oFrame2.type = ' & $oFrame2.type & @CRLF)
    Sleep(500)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oForm2) = ' & IsObj($oForm2) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oForm2)) & '  $oForm2.type = ' & $oForm2.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oTable) = ' & IsObj($oTable) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oTable)) & '  $oTable.type = ' & $oTable.type & @CRLF)
    _ArrayDisplay($aReport)
    ; _IEQuit ($oIE)
EndFunc   ;==>GetReport

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I do not know the exact content of the website,
but I've been wondering about this record may instead:

Local $ oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection ($oFrame, 0)

you should use:

Local $ oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection ($oFrame2, 0)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Have you tried an _IELoadWait() after each click as suggested previously?  If that doesn't work, then looping until a specific element exists is a good method.  The sleep is just not reliable for this.

Yes, tried that.It's the _IELoadWait() function that returns the error.

Besides can you describe what website do when you click

Yes, The user account is authenticated, the contents of "NAVFRAME" are changed to give links to different reports and the contents of "MAINFRAME" are changed to a table of summary statistics. This loads correctly but the script just exits.

try this:

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $aSites

For $i = 1 To $aSites[0]
    GetReport($aSites[$i])
    ; More Stuff
Next

Func GetReport($Site)
    $oIE = _IECreate('https://ifolder.' & $Site & '.hertscc.gov.uk/iFolderServer/Admin/Reporting.htm', 0, 1, 1)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oFrame) = ' & IsObj($oFrame) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oFrame)) & '  Obj.type = ' & $Obj.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oForm) = ' & IsObj($oForm) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oIE)) & '  $oIE.type = ' & $oIE.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oUsername) = ' & IsObj($oUsername) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oUsername)) & '  $oUsername.type = ' & $oUsername.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oPassword) = ' & IsObj($oPassword) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oPassword)) & '  $oPassword.type = ' & $oPassword.type & @CRLF)

sleep(2000)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oFrame2) = ' & IsObj($oFrame2) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oFrame2)) & '  $oFrame2.type = ' & $oFrame2.type & @CRLF)
    Sleep(500)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oForm2) = ' & IsObj($oForm2) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oForm2)) & '  $oForm2.type = ' & $oForm2.type & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('IsObj($oTable) = ' & IsObj($oTable) & '  ObjName = ' & String(ObjName($oTable)) & '  $oTable.type = ' & $oTable.type & @CRLF)
    _ArrayDisplay($aReport)
    ; _IEQuit ($oIE)
EndFunc   ;==>GetReport

Just tried it and it errors at the first ConsoleWrite. I'll look at this more closely but it may be in the morning.

maybe because I change

this

to this:

change it back in my example and try again.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

OK, that gets it moving. It now fails at the same point as before. Console output below:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\ZenIssues\temp.au3" /UserParams    
+>09:13:17 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.9    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
+>09:13:17 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Sermon\My Documents\ZenIssues\temp.au3"    
IsObj($oFrame) = 1  ObjName = HTMLWindow2  oFrame.type = HTML Document
IsObj($oForm) = 1  ObjName = IWebBrowser2  $oIE.type = HTML Document
IsObj($oUsername) = 1  ObjName = HTMLInputElement  $oUsername.type = text
IsObj($oPassword) = 1  ObjName = HTMLInputElement  $oPassword.type = password
->09:13:29 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 12.386

To my untutored eye, the objects are all OK, but it still fails inside the UDF.