Passing user ID to internal website

Okay, so I have a working script that places an icon in the start menu for an internal, web-based application. Very similar to scripts out there that are used to pin programs to the start menu, although with my website in place of say, the standard IE pin you find in a windows 7 start menu.   However, I am trying to get the script to pass the user ID of the pc to the website.  When you click on the program in the start menu, it takes you to the internal website.  All you need to enter is your user id in the field and hit enter.  The cursor is not automatically placed in the form either, so it requires a click inside the form to type. (no password needed, only user ID).  Just looking for bits of advice...  Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

For the user ID use the @UserName macro. For clicking on the website, look up the _IE functions in the helpfile as suggested. If you require more assistance, please post what you have tried already, and where you are running into issues. 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!