Sign in to follow this  
Kidney

How to put wildcard characters in a string?

So im making a script that organizes TV shows. i have figured most of it out but im trying to find the portion of the title that contains the Season number and Episode number. (ie S01E13)

is there and easy way to search for the "S" and "E" in a string with any 2 random numbers in between them and after the "E"?

here is what i tried just as a very wild guess:

Func FindSeasonEpisode($FileName)
    $result = StringInStr($FileName, "S**E**")
    ConsoleWrite($result & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Please have a look at StringRegExp.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-07-21 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

to be completely honest water, i would like to use stringregexp but i cant figure it out for the life of me.
if i had an example of how i would use it in this situation then i could probably mess with it enough to do more elaborate things but for now, tester123's solution works for me.

if you dont mind water, i would really like to see how i would use that function in my situation. if its not too much of a hassle.

@tester123 ty ty. this is what i was looking for :)

EDIT: tried the d but im getting a 0 for my results with StringInStr. when i do StringRegExp with the d's i get a 1 which is a match but how do i get the position like i do with StringInStr??

Edited by Kidney

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cruisepandey
      Hi, 
      I have a string like this : 
      Global $Msga = "urrent directory is /send.  (Submission of file with log number 29381077284 is confirmed)";
      I want to extract the number 29381077284  from the string. I did StringSplit to split based on "(" and then use space to reach there, But it's not a good choice. 
      Can anyone help me with regular expression to find the number from String using AutoIT. TIA
    • By DannyJ
      I have this example string:

2020-06-08 09:23:33 : abcdefghifjklm How to trim just the right part? Or how to trim this text right to left?
      I want to trim this string right to left until ' : '.
      In ohter words: I need the 'abcdefghifklm' text.
      I have tried StringTrimRight, but that requires 
      The number of characters to trim. Unfortunately StringSplit trims the left part of the strings.

• By careca
      This is my take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful, all the better.
    • By Colduction
      Hi guys!, i have a problem to convert Python code to AutoIt code, in fact i had not coded with Python yet!, this code is about permutation a string's case, i will be happy with your comments :)❤;

Python code:

# Python code to print all permutations # with respect to cases # Function to generate permutations def permute(inp): n = len(inp) # Number of permutations is 2^n mx = 1 << n # Converting string to lower case inp = inp.lower() # Using all subsequences and permuting them for i in range(mx): # If j-th bit is set, we convert it to upper case combination = [k for k in inp] for j in range(n): if (((i >> j) & 1) == 1): combination[j] = inp[j].upper() temp = "" # Printing current combination for i in combination: temp += i print(temp), # Driver code permute("Hello") # This code is contributed by Sachin Bisht
      My code in AutoIt:
      ; https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/permute-string-changing-case/ _PermuteCase("ABC") Func _PermuteCase($sText) If StringRegExp($sText, "^[A-Za-z]{1,}$") Then Local $iLength = StringLen($sText) ; Get length of the text. Local $iMaxPerm = 2 ^ $iLength ; Number of permutations is 2^n Local $sLow_Text = StringLower($sText) ; Converting string to lower case Local $asChrs = StringToASCIIArray($sLow_Text) ; Split the text into array of chars. For $i = 1 To $iMaxPerm Step 1 For $j = 0 To $asChrs[0] ;................................................... Next Next Else Return SetError(-1, 0, "Error: Input is incorrect!") EndIf EndFunc ;==>_PermuteCase  

====================== SOLUTION by @TheXman ======================

• By jmp
      i am trying to get number from string using this code :
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE = _IEAttach ("Edu.corner") Local $aName = "Student name & Code:", $iaName = "0" Local $oTds = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") For $oTd In $oTds If $oTd.InnerText = $aName Then $iaName = $oTd.NextElementSibling.InnerText $iGet = StringRegExpReplace($iaName, "\D", "") EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", $iGet) it was get number like 52503058
      But, I want to get only student code 5250. (Different student have different code, sometime its 3 digits, Sometime 4)