Is there an autoit forum where someone can get help without getting locked for a legit question?

As someone genuinely trying to learn how to use certain aspects of autoit, is there somewhere where I can get help with my questions that are autoit related?

I understand some rules prevent certain discussions but logically, if the wording used in question B is a legit question and is not against the rule by itself, that question B is like any other question on the forum. Should question B be banned forever of being asked if not against the rules because a question A that is similar used a subject against the rules?

• Moderators

Scripter1986,

It is not our fault that you did not read the Forum rules before posting - and even less our fault that you did not read them carefully after having been linked to them. If you want to play in our sandpit; you follow our rules. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Scripter1986,

Not necessarily. You cannot ask the question in your second thread because we know exactly why you want to do it and the rules prohibit that specific requirement from being discussed here. Your asking it after having had the first thread locked is also a blatant infraction of the Forum rules. So you are 2 strikes down instantly. But the same question asked by someone else in the future would be perfectly legitimate. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

If someone were to reply on someone elses topic and the topic is legitimate but the reply is breaking the rules then obviously the individual post will be dealt with. There is no need to worry because nobody is going to get a legitimate thread closed down. However starting threads about things that break the rules get locked. Also, if someone were to keep breaking the rules over and over, randomly, almost out of nowhere, bold action would be taken to make sure they could never do it again, at which point there would likely be a text entry in the moderation area of the forum detailing what happened.

Lol, there is no escaping the forum rules, the forum rulers will not abide it!

Edited by Morthawt

• Moderators

I am continually amazed by these types of threads - "You won't let me ask about game bots here, where can I go to ask about them?" With all the legitimate, powerful things that can be accomplished with AutoIt, I would personally feel like an unadulterated loser if all I used it for was to cheat at a video game.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Maybe it's not all they use it for though, perhaps it's just one of the things they use it for or how they get started.

Besides the reason I found this place, the next thing I done with it was make a bingo game bot for partially blind friend.

It was fun and educational.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

IMHO this guy wants to make game bots and is trying to find a way around the forum rules so that he gets what he wants. Seeing how he is determined to get what he wants I suggest he go here. Seeing how that site has no such issues with cheating, stealing, acting like jerks against legitimate game players who do not cheat and other underhanded crap that bot builders do against people who pay money to play the games legit....

Edited by YogiBear

I think it's kind of ironic.. with all the time these game bot programmers spend making their bots until it's perfect, they could just as well have mastered the specific game playing it without cheating.

Or, they could have made their own little game and spent their programming resources on something useful.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.