Reading Memory Array location

Basanoviat

Go to solution Solved by JohnOne,

So I will post my code a little later(at work now), but I am reading a memory value using a function similar to NomadMemory. The memory location is actually an array of Bytes. I am able to retrieve the first value in the array but not any of the others. Does anyone have an idea how to reference the memory values inside the memory array to pull out say the 2nd or 3rd member of the array?

Thanks

Dude you rock. That worked perfectly.  Let me explain the solution

Static Address:  00fb89ac

Offsets [0x0,0x18,0x3c]

When i read this memory location, i would get an array of bytes [134,23,13,61,00,00,98]

But i really only needed array position 1 (number 23 in the list). 

I changed my last offset from 0x3c to 0x3d so my offsets looked like this:  [0x0,0x18,0x3d] and this gave me the second value in the array.  

Thank you very much for the quick response.  Gotta love how things make you scratch your head for 5 hours and then when you ask for help it is solved in 2 minutes.  you responded in 2 minutes.  god thats awesome.  Thanks again.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Out of curiosity: Can you please tell us, why you need to read memory locations?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki