What type of controls can AutoIt identify?

Hi, 

I am automating a window using AutoIt where I want to select some a folder from a folder tree hierarchy. But, AutoIt is able to detect only controls on the window like buttons, check boxes, combo boxes, text fields. It is not able to detect the grids and the objects inside the grid.

Can someone tell me what kind of objects or controls AutoIt identifies? I mean there are several kind of objects like COm, MSAA, WPF, MFC etc. So, I want to know what all objects it can detect?

I would appreciate any help !!

Thanks,
Bhupender Agarwal

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

To know if AutoIt identifies a control you should use the AutoIt Window Info Tool that comes with AutoIt.

If the tool doesn't show you information about the control the cursor is on then it might be difficult to access the contrly using AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

@OP I resoponded to the thread you opened on LinkedIn, not sure why you thought you would hear something different. As Water suggested,use the Window Info Tool to determine what you can and cannot see regarding the controls. If you're not seeing what you need, post a screenshot of the window along with the info from the Window Info Tool and we will do our best to assist.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!