syntax error?

• Moderators

We're not talking computer science here.  We're talking basic common sense.  Does it make sense for AutoIt to do a full recursive drive search to find the location of files for #include?  Can anybody sitting out there honestly say that makes sense?  I'm not asking anybody to write a full-fledged specification compliant DOM based XML parser, I'm just asking people to engage their brain for 2 seconds and think.  Are you trying to tell me that I was born with the special ability that very few others have?  The ability to think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying that it makes sense at all. I wasn't replying to you're observation's, just the tact that you used to express it.

And no, I do not believe that people are born w/ a "God Given" talent (that was my poor attempt at sarcasim). I believe that people are taught and trained to achieve greatness.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

<sarcasm>

I guess AutoIt doesn't have a well defined algorithm for locating files for an #include directive, that just makes too much sense.  And I doubt the author of such an algorithm would ever post that information, anyway, so searching the forum is obviously not going to be very productive.  Especially if you then try to filter by my user name.  It's not like I wrote that code or anything.

</sarcasm>

Seriously.  Has it not occurred to anybody that searching the entire hard drive is kind of dumb when it's obvious that AutoIt has some sort of search pattern it uses?  Doesn't it make more sense to:

• Find out the search pattern and emulate it.

• Failing above, just ask the user where the file is instead of wasting time searching the entire hard drive.
Just because somebody gave one possible idea does not mean that idea is the one that should be first explored.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. i dont know what keywords to serach for thatwould actually give me good results...one of the searches gave me almost 20 pages of results.

2. yeah, searching the hard drive is dumb, but is there any other way? im not too experienced with autoit, so if so, please share!

3. i will only ask the user as a last resort, its mean to the noobs :whistle:

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN