hotkeys help

just got autoit been reading all day and i can't find nothin to help me

first off, i wanna make a prog that when i press left, or right it will press 'z' very fast, but i want it to stop pressing 'z' if im not holding down left or right which i can't find anywhere on forums

also, i wanted to enable/disable the functions left and right do and all i've come up with makes the prog close completly, i'd like f9 to turn it on AND off and was having some troubles with that.

sry if i shoulda read this somewhere but i been reading and i can't seem to find it thx for the help =p

edit: i been looking some more and i think i must combine ProcessWait ( "process" [, timeout] ) with the hotkey...not sure tho

Edited by alein_hunter

so far i have this :

HotKeySet("{F10}", "AutoLoot")

Func AutoLoot()

If ProcessExists("{RIGHT down}") Then

Send("z")

EndIf

If ProcessExists("{LEFT down}") Then

Send("z")

EndIf

EndFunc

WEnd

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\loottest.au3(11,1) : ERROR: syntax error

WEnd

^

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\loottest.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I get an error about the WEnd tho... and im thinking to make these if processexist's into a fuction,then put a hotkey for the function, but im not sure if i can use it to turn on AND off

pretty plz reply with ur thoughts

Edited by alein_hunter

almost right, but you've got a "WEnd" with no "while" :whistle:

(BTW, he wantred F9 not F11)

HotKeySet("{F}", "Terminate")
Func Terminate()
Exit
EndFunc

While 1
Send("z")
EndIf

If ProcessExists("{LEFT down") Then
Send("z")
EndIf
WEnd

(untested)

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

If ProcessExists("{LEFT down") ???

You're looking for a process (you know that list of programs that's running, like explorer.exe, notepad.exe, etc.) for something named "{LEFT down" ???

Uh... not gonna work.

Okay, here's what you need to know.

1) There is no built in AutoIt function that can be used to monitor if a key is held down or not.

2) There is a user defined function called _IsPressed (there's a link to it in my signature) that will help with this.

3) Without using an AutoIt hotkey, I don't believe there's any way to "disable" the function of your left and right keys.

My suggestion, would be to write your script with:

A) F9 toggling the whole program.

:whistle: Left and Right as hotkeys that toggle the Z key being pressed.

Code would be something like this:

HotKeySet('{F9}', '_ProgramToggle')
HotKeySet('{Left}', '_PressZToggle')
HotKeySet('{Right}', '_PressZToggle')

Dim $b_ProgramToggle = 1
Dim $b_ZToggle

While 1
  If $b_ProgramToggle Then
    If $b_ZToggle Then
      Send('z')
    EndIf
  EndIf
  Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _PressZToggle()
  If $b_ZToggle Then
    $b_ZToggle = 0
  Else
    $b_ZToggle = 1
  EndIf
EndFunc

Func _ProgramToggle()
  If $b_ProgramToggle Then
    $b_ProgramToggle = 0
    HotKeySet('{Left}')
    HotKeySet('{Right}')
  Else
    $b_ProgramToggle = 1
    HotKeySet('{Left}', '_PressZToggle')
    HotKeySet('{Right}', '_PressZToggle')
  EndIf
EndFunc

Upon testing, this seems to do exactly what I was thinking.

*Edit: Upon reading your last post there, I'm not sure if you can do what you want. Having it press Z while you're pressing Left/Right would require you to be pressing 2 keys at once, and I believe the script might choke on that. But take what I've given and have a go at it.

Edited by Saunders

oh, missing the include :whistle:

#include <Process.au3>
HotKeySet("{F}", "Terminate")
Func Terminate()
Exit
EndFunc

While 1
Send("z")
EndIf

If ProcessExists("{LEFT down") Then
Send("z")
EndIf
WEnd

(untested)

edit: too late, Saunders answered :dance:

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

wow thx saunders ( thxthe guy for trying)

thx, i was hoping to learn from whoever figured it out and i got what i wanted :whistle:) i thought i was on the right track but you fixed me up thx :dance:

btw, toggling the prog on and off is what i meant, but i confuzed myself when i was typing :dance:

p.s. unicron owns

Edited by alein_hunter

@theguy

Did you not understand what I said? The Process* functions are for working with PROCESSES. That list of PROGRAMS running in the task manager. Looking your list of running PROCESSES for a PROGRAM called "{RIGHT down}" is most likely going to constantly yield a negative.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didnt realize you had replied until just now :dance:

- Matt :whistle:

at school not doing any work and i was dazing off when it came to me in a vision that mabye if i put a hot key for left and right tyo triggle the button z as a hotkey and had it so that it cfdould set the hotkey off aver few fractions of a second that it would only work when the key is pressed down and not just pressing the key and let go and pressing z until you press left or right again? not sure, give comments

at school not doing any work and i was dazing off when it came to me in a vision that mabye  if i put a hot key for left and right tyo triggle the button z as a hotkey and had it so that it cfdould set the hotkey off aver few fractions of a second that it would only work when the key is pressed down and not just pressing the key and let go and pressing z until you press left or right again? not sure, give comments

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why not just:

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("+{PAUSE}", "ForTheLoveOfGodPleaseMakeItStopIBegYou")
While 1
    Send("z")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func ForTheLoveOfGodPleaseMakeItStopIBegYou()
Exit
EndFunc

when you press pause key it will pause the Z's, shift pause will exit completely.

you will still be able to use your arrows with the same effect as if you were pressing z while holding down arrows manually. you may need to pause before exiting though, because Shift + pause + z may not do anything...

why not just:

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("+{PAUSE}", "ForTheLoveOfGodPleaseMakeItStopIBegYou")
While 1
    Send("z")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func ForTheLoveOfGodPleaseMakeItStopIBegYou()
Exit
EndFunc

when you press pause key it will pause the Z's, shift pause will exit completely.

you will still be able to use your arrows with the same effect as if you were pressing z while holding down arrows manually.  you may need to pause before exiting though, because Shift + pause + z may not do anything...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here, this is the one that you actually wanted... using the _IsPressed() UDF that's helped all of us so many times...

right now i have it set to set a tooltip to paused or unpaused (because i don't need a bunch of z's on any of my screens) but just remove the paused tooltip, and change the unpaused tooltip to a Send("z") and you should be all set. Also, if you don't already have the IsPressed UDF, get it from Saunders' Sig as he suggested, so that it can be included and this will work correctly.

#include <IsPressed.au3>
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}","ImDone")
Global $Paused
Global $CHECK
While 1
        ToolTip("Unpaused")
$CHECK = 0
if _IsPressed(25)then $CHECK = 1
if _IsPressed(26)then $CHECK = 1
if _IsPressed(27)then $CHECK = 1
if _IsPressed(28)then $CHECK = 1
if $CHECK=0 then TogglePause()
WEnd
Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        ToolTip("Paused")
if _IsPressed(25)then ExitLoop
if _IsPressed(26)then ExitLoop
if _IsPressed(27)then ExitLoop
if _IsPressed(28)then ExitLoop
    WEnd
EndFunc
Func ImDone()
    Exit
EndFunc

***edit***

more of a PS... you probably want to tweak the sleep statement for the first loop, and add a sleep() in the function to cut processor usage. also this watches all 4 arrows, but you can remove the up and down if you don't want them, just by removing the lines with their numbers (get their numbers from the comments in the IsPressed() script)

Edited by cameronsdad

having to turn it off any other way than pressing and letting go of the arrow keys defeats my purpose of it being efficient and conveinent if you read what its being used for =p thx for help tho, i think i know how to do it now i'll just have to fool around with ti for a bit

not sure if this is allowed, but imma post the prog i want this to be like, yes this prog is already made, but i thought it wouldn't be this difficulte and it would just be good practice because i wanted to do some other stuff similar to this blah blah. anyways here

http://virusscan.jotti.org/ to scan w/e with like 10+ antivirus

Edited by Jon

having to turn it off any other way than pressing and letting go of the arrow keys defeats my purpose of it being efficient and conveinent if you read what its being used for =p thx for help tho, i think i know how to do it now i'll just have to fool around with ti for a bit

not sure if this is allowed, but imma post the prog i want this to be like, yes this prog is already made, but i thought it wouldn't be this difficulte and it would just be good practice because i wanted to do some other stuff similar to this blah blah. anyways here

http://virusscan.jotti.org/ to scan w/e with like 10+ antivirus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you not see the code i posted? it does exactly what you want it to....