Case problem in ControlSend()

kenneal

I've been using Controlsend for multi tasking purposes such as when I am surfing the internet I use it to do some other stuff.

Controlsend("Kitwork", "", "", "Etc etc: "& $ctext &" {enter}")

But sometimes i realise my $ctext is for e.g. - Hi how are you doing - ?

It appears sometimes as:

hI hOw aRe yOu DoinG - /

Hi HoW ARE yoU doInG _ ?

Hi hoW ARE yoU DoinG - ?

(as if the shift button was triggered..)

While there appears to be no missing letters at the moment, is there any way to fix it?

:whistle:

*bump*

Nope that doesnt work. Oddly enough, does anybody have any sort of solution for this? I really need to differentiate case letters.

As for the method you just suggested,

it just appears as "v" there. I've copied your syntax just to double check, and its still the same thing.

Please help ;)

*bump*

Nope that doesnt work. Oddly enough, does anybody have any sort of solution for this? I really need to differentiate case letters.

As for the method you just suggested,

it just appears as "v" there. I've copied your syntax just to double check, and its still the same thing.

Please help  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've got an idea that will make it work, give me a few minutes and i'll add the code to this post....

***edit*** try this code...

$thestring = "Hi how are you?"
$theletters = StringSplit($thestring,"")
for $x = 1 to $theletters[0]
     Send(Chr(Asc($theletters[$x])))
 Next
Edited by cameronsdad

There no solution in AutoIt to send characters without interference with the Capslock on/off

The only possibility is to minimize the delay between keystroke using Opt('sendkeydelay',0) and Opt('SendKeyDownDelay',0) :">

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 250)
Run("Notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled -")
$cText="Hi how are you doing - ?"

Controlsend("Untitled -", "", "Edit1", "Etc etc: "& $ctext &" {enter}")
Sleep(2000)

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 0)

There no solution in AutoIt to send characters without interference with the Capslock on/off

The only possibility is to minimize the delay between keystroke using Opt('sendkeydelay',0) and Opt('SendKeyDownDelay',0) :">

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 250)
Run("Notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled -")
$cText="Hi how are you doing - ?"

Sleep(2000)

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 0)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, the method i listed works regardless of capslock since it is explicity sending the characters intended....i've tested it a few times (the modified that i just updated)

actually, the method i listed works regardless of capslock since it is explicity sending the characters intended....i've tested it a few times (the modified that i just updated)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your method can work just because that your sending one chareacter at a time just because AutoIt reset the capslock state a the end of the send so you have very few chance to be in conflict with an external keystroking of the capslock button.

;)

Your method can work just because that your sending one chareacter at a time just because AutoIt reset the capslock state a the end of the send so you have very few chance to be in conflict with an external keystroking of the capslock button.

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought it worked because Chr(65) is an uppercase A regardless of the caps lock state... ;)