Creating a new folder

Kidney

Go to solution Solved by TheSaint,

• Solution

Are you using the Help file?

You've done a lot of posts here, but never come across DirCreate?

EDIT

Anyone seriously contemplating using a language like AutoIt, and with such a wonderful Help file, should really regularly browse through the various sections and get familiar with them and the basic functions. It can be immensely helpful, and I myself have rarely had to resort to asking for help here. Most things can be discovered in the Help file, with just a little effort.

For instance, if you quickly browsed the File, Directory and Disk Management (part of the Function Reference) section of the Help file, you should have discovered DirCreate quite easily.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

i have never come across DirCreate/Move/Remove/Copy/GetSize. i usually look stuff up by the index or search in the help file. ill have to look through the Function Reference from now on.

but the fact that you think i post questions on here before putting in "just a little effort" is kinda insulting.

• Moderators

Kidney,

I see nothing in TheSaint's post which required sending a report. As you have been a member here (and so presumably an AutoIt user) for over 2 years I rather share his astonishment that you had not come across the DirCreate function - nor found the time to browse through the Help file to investigate the overall capability of the language. I strongly recommend a quick canter through the Function Reference section - as well as the User Defined Function Reference section - to widen your horizons. It might well inspire you to start coding something new - as it often has for me. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Kidney - I was not trying to insult you, I was just astonished, like Melba23 said.

If I'd wanted to insult you, I would have called you an idiot and just told you to look in the Help file.

Instead, I gave you what you wanted, plus further advice to hold you in good stead for the future.

And as always here, at the forum, with my posts, I am also talking to others who may be reading.

We get so many basic questions here now, that I personally would never have dreamed of asking myself, and I'm just a self taught hobby programmer ... probably very much like yourself when I just started out ... I however, put that little bit extra effort in to discover most things myself, and was greatly rewarded for it.

Am I wrong to believe, using a little logic, that you and others could put forth more effort into perusing the Help file a little more diligently? That is perhaps a rhetorical question only, for you and others to ask yourselves.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png