Excel, Active Cell in Edit mode crash script

Hi, i'm trying to build a little script that "suppose" to work like this, when it finds a excel book active, get the active cell content to clipboard, it works (kinda not optimized) but crash if the cell is in edit mode, i want to somehow get the state of the active cell so the script doesn't crash just wait for the "normal" active cell state, is that possible?, here's the code so far:

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <String.au3>

Global $lastSelection,$oExcel,$oRange,$replaced,$selected,$title,$oSheet,$count

While 1
    Do
$title = WinGetTitle("")
Until StringInStr($title,"Microsoft Excel -")
While 1
    If StringInStr($title,"Microsoft Excel") Then
        $replaced = StringReplace($title,"Microsoft Excel - ","")
        $oExcel = _ExcelBookAttach(@ScriptDir & "\" & $replaced)
        If Not @error Then;?? I don't know how to check this
        $oRange = $oExcel.Application.ActiveCell
        $selected = $oRange.Value
        ClipPut($selected)
        Sleep(1000)
    Else
        ExitLoop
        EndIf
    EndIf

WEnd
ExitLoop
WEnd

And the error on exit is when i doubleclick in a cell so it becomes editable:

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\copyExcelCell.au3 (17) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oRange = $oExcel.Application.ActiveCell
$oRange = $oExcel.Application^ ERROR
->23:05:06 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 24.515

/ Smelly

Thanx

You can't process a cell by COM that is in edit mode by a user.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Is it possible to block the user from editing the Worksheet?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Use

$oExcel.Application.Interactive = False

to block all mouse/keyboard activity by the user. When you've finished processing the workbook you can activate user activity again.

I don't know what happens if a cell is already in edit mode while you set the Interactive property to False.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Nope, i still need to click on a cell but not make it editable, the only way i guess is to make it read only from the beginning, the scripts function is based on a user moving around from cells and automatically gets the cells info copied for further use in diffrent programs :/, well i'm too tired to think right now anyways :) gonna get to work again in a few hours so better jump to bed anyways :), thanx /Smelly

Opening a Workbook readonly still permits the user to edit cells. He is just unable to save the modified Workbook.

Another possible solution would be to use events. When a user edits a cell a event is triggered. When processing such an event you can do whatever you like without interfering with the user.

Good night

I will go to bed too!

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I will post an example tomorrow.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This example script handles the Excel worksheet change event. Every time a cell has been changed the event is triggered.

The example then colors the cell in red.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

#include <Excel Rewrite.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>

; *****************************************************************************
; Example Script
; Handle Excel worksheet change event when a cell has been changed and set the
; color of the cell to red.
; This script loops until Shift-Alt-E is pressed to exit.
; *****************************************************************************
HotKeySet("+!e", "_Exit") ;Shift-Alt-E to Exit the script
MsgBox(64, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Example_Events Example", "Hotkey to exit the script: 'Shift-Alt-E'!")

; Create application object and open a workbook
Global $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Example_Events Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, @ScriptDir & "\_Excel2.xls")
If @error <> 0 Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Example_Events Example", "Error opening workbook '_Excel2.xls'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oAppl)
    Exit
EndIf
ObjEvent($oWorkbook.Activesheet, "Worksheet_")
While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Exit

; Excel - Worksheet change event - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff839775(v=office.14).aspx
Func Worksheet_Change($oRange)
    $oRange.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
EndFunc   ;==>Worksheet_Change

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Very nice and clean example, works great with my old office 2007 too, i  made another version today with the mailslot and excelevent includes that copies any active cell to clipboard and waits when before doubleclick and after sheetchange so it doesn't crash, this is great stuff to learn, thanx water!

:D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki