Remove repeating substring or trim from a string of an array

jcampbell

Ok I have been working with a REST API and trying to populate a combo box with a specific part of the return.  I was unable to find a JSON UDF that I could make work so I just started dealing with it as a string and dumping it into an array.

I have gotten all of the information trimmed away that I dont want with the exception of the front of the response "7-"Name":"Name of what I want".  I first started working with this in a 1D array so it looks like below:

Row  Col0

0       7-"Name":"Name of what I want

1       37-"Name":"Name of what I want

2       7-"Name":"Name of what I want

What I need to get rid of is everything to the left of the : leaving me just with the "Name of what I want" section.

I have also tried using ArrayToString and separating my rows with | and then doing a stringtrim but I get hung up since my lengths are not the same.  I am more than likely making this too hard on myself.  I can also provide a text file of the response I am working with.  I will be remarking that part out of this code once I can deal directly with the response from the REST API.

;Includes
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <String.au3>

$restReq = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")
$restGuid = _CreateGuid()

;Dialogs for testing remark out for production use
MsgBox (4096,"My Computer Name",@ComputerName)
MsgBox (4096,"My Name",@UserName)
MsgBox(4096, "Generate Guid", $restGuid)

;REST Request Section
$restReq.Open("GET", "http://kcm-rev-t01/RevitServerAdminRESTService2013/AdminRESTService.svc/ /Contents", False)

$restReq.setRequestHeader ("User-Name", @UserName)
$restReq.setRequestHeader ("User-Machine-Name", @ComputerName)
$restReq.setRequestHeader ("Operation-GUID", $restGuid)

$restReq.Send()

$oReceived = $restReq.ResponseText
$oStatusCode = $restReq.Status

;Dialog box of status code for troubleshooting
MsgBox(4096, "Status Code", $oStatusCode())

If $oStatusCode == 200 then
 $file = FileOpen("Received.txt", 2) ; The value of 2 overwrites the file if it already exists
 FileWrite($file, $oReceived)
 FileClose($file)
 MsgBox(4096, "My test for Nolan", $oReceived ())

;Creates an array broken down by line
Local $array1 = _StringExplode($oReceived, ",", 0)
_ArrayDisplay($array1, "StringExplode 1")

; Pull out and create an array of just the folder names
local $aTmp = __arrayfindall($array1,'Name',1,0)
;MsgBox(4690,"This is my test", $aTmp ())

local $jlc = StringSplit($aTmp, '|',1)
_arraydisplay($jlc)
_ArrayDelete($jlc, 0)
_arraydisplay($jlc)

;Trim out the first 8 characters of col1 in my array
_ArrayTrim($jlc, 1, 1)
_ArrayDisplay($jlc, "$avArray AFTER _ArrayTrim() right 1 character from items 1 to 3")

;turn my array back into a string seperated by |
local $aString = _ArrayToString($jlc, '|')
MsgBox(4690,"Pounding head on desk", $aString ())

EndIf

;-------Section for called functions------------------------------------------------------
Func _CreateGuid()
    Local $Guid = DllStructCreate($tagGUID)

$Result = DllCall("OLE32.DLL", "dword", "CoCreateGuid", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($Guid))
    $Result = _WinAPI_StringFromGUID(DllStructGetPtr($Guid))

$strresult = StringTrimLeft($Result, 1)
 $strresult = StringTrimRight($strresult, 1)

Return $strresult

EndFunc

func __arrayfindall(byref $array,$srch,$ret_type = 1,$fuzzy = 1)

;  usage
    ;    $array    - array to search
    ;    $srch     - string to search for
    ;    $ret_type - 0 = return 2D array of ele # and value
    ;                 1 = return a '|' delimited string of element#-value
    ;     $fuzzy    - 0 = find any ocurrence of string within the element
    ;               - 1 = element must strictly equal the string (default)

local $tmp, $aTmp[ubound($array)][2],$ele = 0

for $1 = 0 to ubound($array) - 1

switch $fuzzy
            case 1
                if $array[$1] == $srch Then
                    $aTmp[$ele][0] = $1
                    $aTmp[$ele][1] = $array[$1]
                    $ele += 1
                endif
            case 0
                if stringregexp($array[$1],$srch) = 1 Then
                    $aTmp[$ele][0] = $1
                    $aTmp[$ele][1] = $array[$1]
                    $ele += 1
                endif
        endswitch

next

; find # of hits

local $row_cnt
    for $1 = 0 to ubound($aTmp) - 1
        if stringlen($aTmp[$1][0]) > 0  then ContinueLoop
        $row_cnt = $1
        ExitLoop
    next

; shrink array

redim $aTmp[$row_cnt+1][2]

if $ret_type = 0 then
        return $aTmp
    Else
        for $1 = 0 to ubound($aTmp) - 1
            $tmp &= $aTmp[$1][0] & '-' & $aTmp[$1][1] & '|'
        Next
        return stringtrimright($tmp,3)
    EndIf

endfunc

Assume $var is your string, then I would just use the StringMid and StringInStr commands as follows;

StringMid($var,StringInStr($var,":")+2)

This is assuming the " are part of the string.  If you use the StringMid function without a character count, it will just return the rest of the string starting at your startpos (in this case, 2 characters after the first colon).

There is like two JSON UDFs in the example section.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018