Check to see if any checkboxes are checked

I know there is a way to do this, I did it a long time ago, i just cant remember how to do it. >_<

When any one of my checkboxes are checked it will popup with a go message and when none are checked it comes up with an error.

If GuiCtrlRead($Chk1) = $GUI_UNCHECKED Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Please Check Something!")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Completed", "Completed!")
EndIf

So on the first line it should be something like this, but I know that wont work. I cant remember but maybe I used a "BIT" like "BITOR" or something like that.

If GuiCtrlRead($Chk1 or $Chk2) = $GUI_UNCHECKED Then

Any ideas?

Without seeing your whole script and knowing things like the number of Checkboxes you want checked, I just offer the following simple example.

If GuiCtrlRead($Chk1) = $GUI_UNCHECKED or GuiCtrlRead($Chk2) = $GUI_UNCHECKED Then
Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

When any one of my checkboxes are checked it will popup with a go message and when none are checked it comes up with an error.

Then you would have to use an loop( recommended FOR - NEXT loop ) to check each control. I don't think there is something using BitOR or stuff like that...

Example

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $msg
    GUICreate("My GUI Checkbox") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

;I created all the checkboxes(in sequence i.e. one after the other) using a For Loop
    ;so that I can use the controlID of the First and the Last
    ;when verifying that at least a single checkbox is checked.

;You can even use an array to store all your check boxes's controlID
    ;and use it while verifying in the for loop.
    Local $iFirst = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CHECKBOX 1", 10, 5, 120, 20)
    For $i = 0 To 6
        GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CHECKBOX " & $i + 2, 10, 30 * ($i + 1) + 2, 120, 20)
    Next
    Local $iLast = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CHECKBOX 9", 10, 30 * ($i + 1) + 2, 120, 20)

GUISetState() ; will display an  dialog box with 1 checkbox

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then

;=====================================================================================
            ;Note this part is the important and required part
            For $i = $iFirst To $iLast
                If GUICtrlRead($i) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                    Return MsgBox(0, "Completed", "Completed!"); atleast one is checked.
                EndIf
            Next

;reached here that means nothing is checked.
            MsgBox(16, "Error", "Please Check Something!")  ;show the error and continue the loop
            ;======================================================================================

EndIf

Until 0

EndFunc   ;==>Example

Note: When Controls are created the return value is the ControlID(an integer uniquely identifying the control) and this integer is relative to the sequence of controls created( ==> if the first checkbox is assigned a ControlID say '5' then the second is assigned a ControlID '6' and so on...) .

Hence, it is very easy to use the ControlID of the first and last checkbox created in a For-Next loop.

Regards :)

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.