Packets

The beta version of AutoIt can send TCP and UDP packets and there are examples in the help file. Are those the type of packets you're talking about?

Edit: You should probably ignore what I just said. They don't help you with raw packets.

Edited by LxP

Thanks for th reply...but ya, it would have to be raw packets. Im intending to build a server for a game. And well, i have Ethereal and im scanning the packets...but i need to be able to send packets back.

I hope this descibes alittle more of what i wish to do.

Crome

I was just wondering if AutoIt is capable of sending packets? And if so, could someone post an example of one.

hm... as far as I know, there is no interface to snail mail and/or UPS right now, so sending packets with AutoIT does not work :whistle:

However, you COULD send some TCP/IP packets by opening a TCP or UDP connection. See help file samples for UDPSend() and TCPSend().

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Thanks for th reply...but ya, it would have to be raw packets. Im intending to build a server for a game. And well, i have Ethereal and im scanning the packets...but i need to be able to send packets back.

I hope this descibes alittle more of what i wish to do.

Raw packets: NO.

However, you could use the newly announced plugin interface of AutoIT. Put your raw packet sending code into a DLL and call it from AutoIT. In the DLL you can do whatever you want.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Here's a little food for thought,

I designed a DLL in C++ that handled all my TCP/IP stuff (packets, ports, etc) and used DLL functions in AutoIt to do them as I please. I saved me a few thousand lines of GUI code in C++.

I used it to sniff packets from a game, remove the encryption and then display it on the GUI. Kinda like an out-of-game chat system. Was quite popular until the devs of the game figured out how I did it and changed the encryption method on me, lol.

-CMR