Easier to export image or link to cells in excel?

Hi Guys,

Working on my Dashboard atm and i want to have on the main screen a huge text box that is either linked to a word doc or Excel cell(s) to provide users with updates etc that i can change at any point...

Now im not too sure what object to use to do this, would it be a label? im using Koda and so im not entirely sure what object to be using however i thought another way to do it would be to have it in Excel and (IF POSSIBLE) export a particular range as a jpeg which is embedded into the GUI.

If anyone can let me know either 1, what object to be using or if it is possible to export a range in excel as a jpeg.

And if both are possible which is the better solution.

Edited by 13lack13lade

Hey guys - managed to get this working exactly how i wanted to by linking it to a cell in excel however i do have 1 query...

Because my script points to that and adjusts accordingly if i try to open the spreadsheet while the dashboard is running, it says the file is already opened.... Is there a way to have autoit 'read' what is in the cells without opening the workbook or, read the cells when the dashboard is first open and close the workbook straight away?

Because a GUI is constantly running surely i could put something in the code to only have it run once instead of constantly looping or staying in the file...

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen("Q:\Documents\Load Support\Tom\Projects\Dashboard\" & "test.xlsx",0)
$mainupdate = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel,1,1)

$Form1_1 = GUICreate("Form1", 1195, 789, 256, 99)
GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF)
$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\webbth\Pictures\Untitled.jpg", 0, 0, 1193, 161)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Tracking", 8, 296, 169, 49)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Load Guide", 8, 368, 169, 49)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("QuickLinks", 8, 440, 169, 49)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Dataload", 8, 512, 169, 49)
$Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Forms", 8, 584, 169, 49)
$Pic2 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\webbth\Pictures\Untitle1165161d.jpg", 832, 176, 345, 193)
$Pic3 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\webbth\Pictures\Untitle23412341234d.jpg", 832, 376, 345, 401)
$Pic4 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\webbth\Pictures\Untitled1.jpg", 16, 176, 153, 89)
$Button6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Dashboard Feedback", 8, 656, 169, 49)
$Pic5 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\webbth\Pictures\UntitledASDasdfFF.jpg", 264, 32, 641, 129)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($mainupdate, 192, 176, 620, 585)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by 13lack13lade

Managed to answer my own question by creating another spreadsheet linked to the other workbook, that way i can make changes in the original workbook without conflict which will inturn update on the main page once the user has refreshed the form. =]

please delete this topic!!! thanks admins <3

Edited by 13lack13lade