COM - ADSysteminfo Object

davezub

OK I have to admit I suck at WMI/VB scripting.....However, I'm digging through the stuff with all posts from sven and the help file. I already have a script that I grab the username and fullname (I can't use the Autoit macro @UserName because I'm running the job under a scheduler using the local system account). However, I now need to grab the OU the user is located, no big deal 4 lines of code (see below - works)

Set objInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://" & objInfo.Username & "")
Set objUserParent = GetObject(objUser.Parent)
WScript.Echo objInfo.UserName
WScript.Echo objUserParent.distinguishedName

I tried to convert this to Autoit using the VB converter floating around - (see below) but it fails on ObjCreate.

#include <bk-logfile.au3>

$objInfo = ObjCreate("ADSystemInfo")
$objUser = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $objInfo.Username & "")
$objUserParent = ObjGet($objUser.Parent)
_WriteLog ($objInfo.UserName)
_WriteLog ($objUserParent.distinguishedName)

I read the help file and thought I would have to define the Object like it states in the help file "appname.objectype". So I follow the help file using OleView but the object does not seem to have the VersionIndependentProgId only ProgID = ADSysteminfo.

What am I doing wrong??????? Thanks....

I think that you need to post the exact errors taht you receive. I don't get an error on the ObjCreate, so we'll need to see what you are getting.

Also, did you try executing the .vbs code and did it work as expected?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I think that you need to post the exact errors taht you receive.  I don't get an error on the ObjCreate, so we'll need to see what you are getting.

Also, did you try executing the .vbs code and did it work as expected?

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this for error:

$objInfo = ObjCreate("ADSystemInfo")
ConsoleWrite($objInfo.Username & @LF)
$s_name = StringMid($objInfo.Username,4,StringInStr($objInfo.Username," ") - 4)
$objUser = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $objInfo.Username & "")
if @error then 
  Msgbox (0,"LDAP Test","Error Getting an LDAP Object. Error code: " & hex(@error,8))
  exit
endif
$objUserParent = ObjGet($objUser.Parent)

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.