Drop or Send a file on/to a window

• Moderators

autocart,

Create your GUI with the $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES extended style. The Help file page for GUICreate - Extended Style Table tells you what else to do and there are plenty of example scripts on the forum. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thx M23,

However I want to ->simulate<- a drag-and-drop operation. I do not want to actually perform it manually. (Or did I misunderstand the help file?)

A file should be opened in an existing program (not a game). So far I go through the file-menu and the "open file"-dialog, which works fine, but it would be faster, nicer to look at and maybe more stable, if I could just send it to the window or a control within the window.

I already did a search for drop send file to window, but without interesting looking results.

Regards, Stephan

• Moderators

autocart,

I am obviously being dense this morning as I have no idea what you are trying to do. How do you select the file that you want to "send" to your GUI? If it is already open in another app then how do you indentify it? :wacko:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

1. Thx for being patient with me.

2. I guess, I did not express myself clear enough. Therefore now more in detail:

This is not about any GUI created on my own at all. I want to automate the manual process of opening a file in the lisp-editor which is integrated in autocad, so that I could then just double click the file in explorer. Normally I would tell windows to always open that file type on double click in that specific program, however in this case the editor is a child of the main autocad, and on "open with ..." autocad would load the file, afai checked it, but it does not open it for editing. This can be done manually though. Therefore I want to make my own little proggi that windows uses to open the file on double click and that proggi should then take the path and open it in the autocad-lisp-editor for me. It works nicely w/o problems, however, it would be even nicer if I did not have to use the ugly open-file dialog, because when I drag and drop it manually onto the editor window it will open it too. Therefore I thought is there a way to simulate the drag and drop operation instead of going through the menu and open-file dialog.

Hope I was clear enough. Also hope this is not against the forum rules. Regards, Stephan

Edited by autocart