Open file, copy and paste from internet

Good evening

I'm new of this forum and i'm not english, so i'm sorry if i don't write very well.

i want to create a program to open an existent file notepad and a page from internet, copy all its contents (i thought with ctrl+a) and paste it in the file notepad.

I tried to do it but i found a lot of problems:

first of all, i don't know how open the file notepad. I tried with run and fileopen, but they didn't work. Then i tried with shellexecute and i opened it, but the program don't wait the opening before do the next instruction. So i tried with winwait and winwaitactive but they doesn't work.

The second problem are the operations of copy and paste. The time to open the internet page is variable by the conditions of the system, and much times the program doesn't copy.

I think it's a simple program to do for you, so i'm asking if there is some good soul who can write in response where i was wrong and the correct code please.

Welcome to the forum.

to learn how Run('Notepad.exe') look here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/SendKeepActive.htm

There is a good example.

For getting content of IE you can start from

_IECreate

_IENavigate

and finaly

_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "innertext")

Read the help file for this function, and when you have a more precise formulation of the question right back to this topic.

I'm sure someone will help you.
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

If i don't want to use IE but chrome, how can i do?

I tried again and i made this:

; Open a txt file and erase the content
ShellExecute("test.txt")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")  
Send("^{Numpad5}")
Send("{del}")

; Open an internet page and select the content
ShellExecute("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/SendKeepActive.htm")
WinWait("[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1]")
SendKeepActive("[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1]")
Send("^{a}")

MsgBox(0,"Test message", "")

The opening of the .txt file and delete it content works well, but in the second part the command Send("^{a}") doesn't work. Why?

You forget

Send("^{c}")

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

for mlipok: i know, but the problem is that the program doesn't do Send("^{a}"). Why?

for mrflibblehat: thank you for your solution, but it write the html code of the page. I want to simulate the sequence of operations select all-copy-active file.txt-paste. Do you know how can i do it?

So you want to get the text off a webpage, and write that text to a text file then open that file in Notepad, correct?

Is this webpage private, or can you post the URL? If it is too private that you don't want to post it publicly, but not private enough that you don't mind sharing it with me, feel free to PM it to me.

I have more questions to ask, but seeing the webpage in question would answer most of them.

Here is a simple example that works with a text only file.

InetGet("http://somdcomputerguy.com/lockito.txt", "lockito.txt")
ShellExecute("lockito.txt")
Here is another example that will work on a formatted HTML page, using the _IEPropertyGet function, as mlipok suggested earlier.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE  = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/SendKeepActive.htm", 0, 0)
$Text = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "innertext")
$File = FileOpen("lockito.txt", 2)

FileWrite($File, $Text)
FileClose($File)

ShellExecute("lockito.txt")
This code does use Internet Explorer, but because you stated that you didn't want to use that browser, the IECreate function will be hidden. Refer to the Docs for more information about the functions used, and what those functions do. Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

for mlipok: i know, but the problem is that the program doesn't do Send("^{a}"). Why?

This is strange

I start new thread:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I read the thread and i tried all the solutions. The only solution that works is this:

#include <WinAPI.au3>

; Open a txt file and erase the content
ShellExecute("test.txt")
Send("^{Numpad5}")
Send("{del}") 

; Open a second txt file and erase the content
ShellExecute("test2.txt")
Send("^{Numpad5}")
Send("{del}") 

; Open an internet page and select the content
ShellExecute("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/SendKeepActive.htm")
WinWait("[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1]")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1]")
WinActivate(_WinAPI_GetParent($hWnd))
Send("^{a}")
Send("^{c}")

;Paste in .txt File
WinActivate("[CLASS:Notepad]")
WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]")
Send("^{v}")

MsgBox(0,"Test message", "")
But it works only sometimes. If the time to open the web page is long, it doesn't wait. Why?

Another question: if i have two opened notepad file, like in the code, how can i choose which file to activate? Now it open the last i used..

For Somdcomputerguy: i want to put in notepad statistics like this:

http://stats.betradar.com/s4/?clientid=219#2_1,3_1,22_1,5_6311,9_summary

I tried InetGet, but it copies the HTML code. For the site in example, i want instead this:

Statistiche

Aussie regole
Badminton
Bandy
Baseball
Beach Soccer
Calcio
Europa
Nazioni più popolari
Italia
Olanda
Inghilterra