Unicode in pathname

jlf

Go to solution Solved by czardas,

Hi,

I encounter some problem with Unicode characters in path. In the following lines, the $MyPath variable contains a directory name (full path name, including letter drive).

When using _ArrayDisplay, the Unicode character is correctly displayed. So $MyPath variable is OK.

But both ConsoleWrite command loose this Unicode char.

Later, in the same code, when I try to access to a file inside such a directory, the file is not found (because the path has lost its Unicode char).

_ArrayAdd($TotDir,$MyPath)
_ArrayDisplay($TotDir)
$TotDir[0] += 1
ConsoleWrite("$TotDir[1] = " & $TotDir[1] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("$MyPath    = " & $MyPath & @CRLF)

I saw that AutoIt supports Unicode, but I can't find relevant information for my case. If someone could help me, it would be great :guitar:

For info : AutoIt 3.3.9.4 under Seven x64.

Thanks in advance

i could not reproduce your problem. however, off-hand i'd say use FileGetLongName on the path and see what you get.

next, please provide 3 screenshots: the path as displayed by 1) file manager, 2) _ArrayDisplay , and 3) ConsoleWrite

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

• Solution

If the characters display in the array, they will not disappear unless you modify the array contents. If you include the file name directly in your code, there is a chance it will be corrupted if not saved with the correct encoding. I tend to convert hard coded unicode to binary, but that's not meant to be a universal solution. I am wondering how you are trying to access the file.

The following test shows that a file name which includes unicode can be opened without any problem. Place the script in the same folder as your file, copy the (unicode) file name to the clipboard and then run the script.

;

Local $sName = ClipGet()
Local $sPath = @ScriptDir & "\" & $sName

Local $hFile = FileOpen($sPath)
If $hFile = -1 Then Exit

MsgBox(0, "Success", "This file has been opened :" & @CRLF & $sName)
FileClose($hFile)
Edited by czardas

Thnx czardas for your help. :bye:

As you said, the Unicode characters were still in my variable, but the string was converted to regular ASCII with ConsoleWrite and through my DllCall (filename is sent to C code compiled to a DLL).

This is a public GNU code which I have changed to receive a wchar_t instead of a char and also changed the fopen to _wfopen; the DllCall is now done with "wstr" instead of "str".

Everything works fine now !! :thumbsup: