How to Download a Webpage in an Encrypted manner, Even when it's HTTP and not HTTPS

Zohar

Hi

Imaging this scenario:

You have some webpage on the internet(the website is not yours),

and there's a page there that you want to download, but to download it in an encrypted way,

even when the server gives it as HTTP and not HTTPS.

Is there a way to do it?

One way I thought to implement this, is to install a VPN client on my Windows,

but this will encrypt the whole internet connection, and not just a specific page download.

Is there a way for me to download just a certain webpage in an encrypted way, and not the whole internet connection?

Thank you

Zohar

Edited by Zohar

It would need to encrypted by the server and as you do not control the server it is not possible to download it encrypted if the serer does not already offer this option.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Hi Bowmore

Maybe we can do a trick, like using an intermediating point.

Maybe there's a website online, that gets a a URL from the user,

and then Encrypts the content for him, and then gives it to him?

That way I get it encrypted...

Edited by Zohar

My first question would be why do you want the page data encrypted if the owner of the web page didn't think it was necessary to encrypt it? Obviously whatever is on that page isn't confidential or secure, so why are you wanting to encrypt it?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi KaFu:

Public SSL Proxy might be a good one - thank you

Hi BrewManNH:

Almost every half a year I find a website that should've been using SSL, but is not.

(the latest have been a Cloud storage service)

When the website is important, I bother and send them a feedback email.

Unfortunately, not always do they switch to SSL,

and unfortunately2: even in the cases where they do, it usually takes time.