Uninstall Software on remote machine silently

I'm new to autoscript, and was hoping there is a way to compile an executable that will be able to be deployed and run in silently on a few machines in our oganization. 

In essence, I would need to execute C:WINDOWSst6unst.exe -n "C:Program Files<SOME PROGRAM>ST6UNST.LOG" -f -q

and then delete the remaining folder C:Program Files<SOME PROGRAM>

I did find this old post, but not sure if that is all there is to it?

Hopefully there is a way to script this that I can deploy it to the machines that have the software?

If someone can point me in the direction of creating an autoscript it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Moderators

When you say deploy, are you using some management suite like Altiris or SCCM? Or do you mean you want to use AutoIt to search out which machines have this particular piece of software, and then silently uninstall? Keep in mind either way is plausible, just looking for clarification :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Event if there are no quiet uninstalls, you can run the script through the SYSTEM session (session 0), and perform controlclicks, winwaits, etc.  The windows will not display on any user login sessions.  That's how I do our deploys of new software versions.

'Quite' params will make life easy :)

You can create scheduled tasks on all stations that run the scripts, and then execute those tasks remotely...or use psexec, or paexec to copy over/initiate.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.