editbox linked to word doc

is it possible to have an editbox linked to a word doc?

I have done this using excel and also an ini.. but i get issues with excel (when i try to open another file the read only excel file im pulling the text from opens instead)

Ini works but its only 1 line so i have to seperate lines with spaces (sooooooo annoying)

hoping to have it linked or even just a text file just like ini that supports multi-lineline break

OR - Going 1 step further.. is it possible to have an editbox that you can free write in and it will save? and display the saved text .. Like a live, multipler note pad?

(possibly a username and password required so only managers can update the editbox)

Anyone? :(

Edited by 13lack13lade

I don't get what you want and why :huh:

Can you please elaborate on what you try to achieve?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Local $read = FileRead("Q:\Documents\Load Support\Tom\Projects\Dashboard\asdf.txt")
$MAINUPDATEDISPLAY = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 192, 152, 444, 340, $WS_BORDER)
guictrlsetdata($mainupdatedisplay,$read)

Dont worry about the other things such as enter into editbox etc - I managed to accomplish what im after with the above (autoit skills are improving!!!)

Im guessing that its not possible to do this with a word document..??
Edited by 13lack13lade

With Rich Edit Controls you can edit RTF files. This files can be processed by MS Word as well.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

With Rich Edit Controls you can edit RTF files. This files can be processed by MS Word as well.

Basically i want exactly what i have here, so linked to notepad but i want to be able to bold, underline etc... how am i able to do that?

have tried saving the doc as a .rtf, basically all of them, nothing works...

Edited by 13lack13lade

Try the example script provided with _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki