#RequireAdmin Not Elevating Sub-Processes

I have been using AutoIT for several years now, although mostly with Windows XP. As my company is undertaking a massive Windows 7 conversion, I find that some of the features of AutoIT do not seem to work as I would think they should, which brings about my question today...

I use the AutoIt3Wrapper with my compiled scripts and everything works well generally; however, I have a need to include two commands in an AutoIT script that have to be RunAsAdmin. I have the AutoITWrapper set as "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator" and I am prompted for UAC elevation. The commands; however, do not seem to be elevating.

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE)

If I post the commands into an elevated command prompt they work correctly, but via the script they seem to be ignored.

I appreciate any ideas and/or assistance.

Thanks In Advance!!!

• Developers

What is the returncode from the Runwait() commands?

Maybe do some debugging by running this version:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No', @HomeDrive)

Does it give any errors in the opened CMD window?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

When looking more in depth into the issue. The error is BCDEDIT cannot be found. If I run a CMD from the script, it cannot see BCDEDIT in the C:\Windows\System32\ folder, whereas if I just run a CMD from Start>Run I can see it in the C:\Windows\System32\ folder. I did find that in both CMD windows I could find the executable at: @WindowsDir & 'winsxsamd64_microsoft-windows-b..iondata-cmdlinetool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_e6510234bbcb2a8c, so I pointed the script to that location:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & @WindowsDir & '\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..iondata-cmdlinetool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_e6510234bbcb2a8c\bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & @WindowsDir & '\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..iondata-cmdlinetool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_e6510234bbcb2a8c\bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE)

This seems to have fixed the issue, although I am unsure why the file cannot be seen. The answer to this question may be helpful to me and others in the future. Thanks for your assistance.