CodeCrypter - Encrypt your Script

RTFC

Good morning souldjer7777,

I ran a batch of tests on the _ArraySearch Help file example script for you. Backtranslate/Obfuscate/Encrypt/Obfuscate+Encrypt all run without any issues on 3.3.14, I'm afraid, so we're no closer to a solution as of yet.

Well, I reverted back to AutoIT version 3.3.12... still getting the same issue. You care to try obfuscate / encrypt these snippets?

The script fails in same area mentioned above. Not obfuscated '<00>  GROUP' IS found... Obfuscated '<00>  GROUP' IS NOT found.

You can replace ' & GUICtrlRead($I_G1_IPAddress01) & ' with an IP address and you're good to go.

UPDATE: I didn't try encrypting it since it would even display the gui coordinate input text box.

Obfuscate fails at Local $G1_element = _ArraySearch($aDomainArray01, '<00>  GROUP', 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0)

Func NBTSTAT01()
If GUICtrlRead($I_G1_IPAddress01) = "IP ADDRESS" Then
    MsgBox (262144, $ProgramTitle01, "NBTSTAT -A: Please enter an IP Address")
Else

SplashTextOn($ProgramTitle01, 'NBTSTAT -A: Please stand by... ', 400, 40, -1, -1, 2, "", 10)

Local $nbtstat = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & '"C:\Windows\sysnative\nbtstat.exe -a ' & GUICtrlRead($I_G1_IPAddress01) & '"', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $out = ''
Local $line = ''

While 1
     $line = StdoutRead($nbtstat)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $line <> '' Then $out &= $line
Wend

MsgBox (0, "", $out)

Local $iPosition = StringInStr($out, "NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table")

If $iPosition > 0 Then

MsgBox (0, "", "IF is greater than 0")

Local $sStringi = StringTrimLeft ( $out, $iPosition -1 )

Local $ePosition = StringInStr($sStringi, "MAC Address =")

Local $sStringCount = StringLen ($sStringi)

Local $sStringe = StringTrimRight ( $sStringi, $sStringCount - ($ePosition+31) )

MsgBox (0, "", "Math complications 1")

Local $sStringj = $sStringi

Local $v_G1_MACAddressPOS01 = StringInStr($sStringj, "MAC Address = ")

$V_G1_MACAddress01 = StringTrimLeft ( $sStringj, $v_G1_MACAddressPOS01 + 13 )

MsgBox (0, "", "Math complications 2")

$V_G1_MACAddress01 = StringStripCR ( $V_G1_MACAddress01 )

MsgBox (0, "", "01")

Local $aDomainArray01 = StringSplit ($sStringj, @LF )

MsgBox (0, "", "02")

Local $G1_element = _ArraySearch($aDomainArray01, '<00>  GROUP', 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0)

If @error Then
    SplashOff()
    MsgBox("", "Not Found", '<00>  GROUP was not found in column 0')
Else

MsgBox (0, "", "03")

$V_G1_Domain01 = $aDomainArray01[$G1_element]

MsgBox (0, "", "04")

$V_G1_Domain01 = StringStripWS ($V_G1_Domain01, 8)

MsgBox (0, "", "05")

Local $vDomainLEN01 = StringLen ($V_G1_Domain01)

MsgBox (0, "", "06")

Local $vDomainPOS01 = StringInStr ($V_G1_Domain01, "<00>GROUP")

MsgBox (0, "", "07")

$V_G1_Domain01 = StringTrimRight($V_G1_Domain01, $vDomainLEN01 - $vDomainPOS01 + 1)

MsgBox (0, "", "Setting GUI data")

GUICtrlSetData($E_G1_NBTSTATResults01, $sStringe)
GuiCtrlSetData($L_G1_MACAddress01, $V_G1_MACAddress01)
GuiCtrlSetData($L_G1_Domain01, $V_G1_Domain01)

SplashOff()

EndIf

Else

GUICtrlSetData($E_G1_NBTSTATResults01, "Host not found. No data returned")

SplashOff()

EndIf

EndIf
EndFunc

Encryption fails almost first thing with my initial function... it never prompts for inputs...  
DOES NOT DISPLAY: 
$guileftcontrol = InputBox($ProgramTitle01, "Gui Pixel Distance from LEFT of screen:", "10", "", -1, -1, 10, 10)
and
$guitopcontrol = InputBox($ProgramTitle01, "Gui Pixel Distance from TOP of screen:", "10", "", -1, -1, 10, 10)

_StartGuiPOSFolderCheck ()

Func _StartGuiPOSFolderCheck()

Local $sFldr3 = @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\"
Local $DirOK01 = DirCreate($sFldr3)

If $DirOK01 = 1 Then

FileInstall("C:\Temp\Ticket_Types\_Quick_Ticket.txt", @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\_Quick_Ticket.txt", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\Temp\Ticket_Types\FalsePositive.txt", @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\FalsePositive.txt", 1)

Else
    MsgBox(262144, $ProgramTitle01, "Folder creation failure: " & @CR & $DirOK01)
Exit
EndIf

$guileftcontrol = InputBox($ProgramTitle01, "Gui Pixel Distance from LEFT of screen:", "10", "", -1, -1, 10, 10)

If @Error Then $guileftcontrol = -1

$guitopcontrol = InputBox($ProgramTitle01, "Gui Pixel Distance from TOP of screen:", "10", "", -1, -1, 10, 10)

If @Error Then $guitopcontrol = -1

TicketType_Check01()

EndFunc

Thanks for the help RTFC!!!

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

Thanks a lot for the snippet, I'll have an in-depth look tonight. Stay tuned...

EDIT: Okay, I found the problem. It's got nothing to do with encryption or obfuscation. The backtranslation itself has somehow replaced the double space between <00> and GROUP with a single space. I can confirm that this is an issue at my end. As soon as I've figured out what's causing this, I'll post a fix for it.

Please stand by while important maintenance is being carried out....

Edited by RTFC

@souldjer777:

Here's an immediate fix for you (as I need to implement some additional edits before releasing the next version of the bundle):

Open CodeScanner, navigate to UDF _GetnextlineASCII. Near the bottom of that UDF replace:

$line=StringStripWS(StringReplace(StringLeft($newline,$pos-1),@TAB," "),1+2+4)

with

$line=StringStripWS(StringReplace(StringLeft($newline,$pos-1),@TAB," "),1+2)

Immediately below that UDF, you'll find UDF _GetnextlineUTF. Do the same there. Near the top, replace

$line=StringStripWS(StringReplace($line,@TAB," "),1+2+4)

with

$line=StringStripWS(StringReplace($line,@TAB," "),1+2)

We apologise for the incovenience this may have caused, and have given ourselves twenty lashes with the cat o' nine tails.:D

Bundle update forthcoming in the near future.

EDIT: Oh yeah, before I forget, 1) great work in narrowing down the issue to a single line; 2) in future, please always test first whether the backtranslation works before adding the complications that obfuscation and encryption entail.

Edited by RTFC

Sorry, I jumped around - I usually do... when I get frustrated LOL. I appreciate the HELP!!! Seriously!!! I'll give the backtranslation a go and see if I can figure out the InputBox thing :guitar:

:sorcerer: Thank you! :sorcerer:

UPDATE: Backtranslate looking good :) Just like my original app :) No issues!

I'm sure you'll know why this never runs... I'm sure it's something unsupported like "FileInstall"

_StartGuiPOSFolderCheck ()

Func _StartGuiPOSFolderCheck()

Local $sFldr3 = @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\"
Local $DirOK01 = DirCreate($sFldr3)

If $DirOK01 = 1 Then

FileInstall("C:\Temp\Ticket_Types\_Quick_Ticket.txt", @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\_Quick_Ticket.txt", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\Temp\Ticket_Types\FalsePositive.txt", @ScriptDir & "\Ticket_Types\FalsePositive.txt", 1)

Else
    MsgBox(262144, $ProgramTitle01, "Folder creation failure: " & @CR & $DirOK01)
Exit
EndIf

If @Error Then $guileftcontrol = -1

If @Error Then $guitopcontrol = -1

TicketType_Check01()

EndFunc

Can you tell if there are any unsupported operations going on in there? Obfuscate works fine with the above code -- just not encryption.

Thank you again for all your help!

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"

Hang on, the inputbox, that rings a bell...:think:

Did you add the compiler directive:

#pragma compile(inputboxres, true)  ; otherwise InputBox parameters are lost, generating @error=3

to your final source?

The new bundle's MCF.au3 will do this automatically, but I don't think the currently posted version does this yet. This came up either in this thread, or in the MCF thread. Thanks go to BrewManNH for suggesting this fix.

Oh, and you're very welcome! Thanks to you one more oversight on my part will be fixed in the next release.

Edited by RTFC

Cool! I'll get the latest MCF.au3 just to be safe - I know it's darn near impossible to control versions. Almost have to have the source code loaded from the cloud to have everyone on the same page all of the time. :graduated:

If you can contain your enthusiasm for just a few hours, I'll probably be able to upload the new bundle later today. Just need to run a few tests...

Edited by RTFC

@everyone: new bundle version 1.4 is released (should run under AutoIt version 3.3.14), with numerous bug fixes and feature requests that had accumulated over several months of indolence on my part.:whistle:

@souldjer777: regarding your earlier question concerning FileInstall, let me quote you some dispiriting prose from the Help file page on this topic:

"The source file must be specified using a string literal and can not be a variable, a macro, a calculation nor function call.":no:

So this is an AutoIt limitation I cannot circumvent. You could however store the file directly as (compressed) binary data in a variable (presuming it has fixed content) and dump that to file at startup; there are several solutions to be found in the Example Scripts forum.

Edited by RTFC

:guitar:Appreciated, souldjer777, glad I could help.

Re. compressed storage, I can recommend UEZ's excellent file to base64 string utility. Anyway, best of luck.-_-

Dang!!! So I can change the file itself to base64 and on top of that - encrypt it?! :cheer:
That's freakin sweet LOL Thanks again! Just getting my head around it...:frantics:
Attempting scan / crypt / execute now...

Only issue I can tell is with doing a Base64 csv file... getting "error: syntax error (illegal character)" after codecrypter is run.
I'm pretty sure it's due to the "," separated values.Could be because UEZ had it wrap after a certain character count horizontally, something to do with either a " , " or  " ' " or " " " or " & "
On second hand... it looks as though UEZ saves the csv as
IP_Rangescsv &= '
and codecrypter saves it out as
_IP_Rangescsv&=_MCFCC("

Something lost in translation probably... still digging... could quite possibly be length or missing symbol... and downloading testing new bundle :)
LOL, love it "No problemo"

Dang - still same error / issue - Suggestions? Thank you again!

Edited by souldjer777

Yes, there's obviously an ampersand missing between: each " _

Should be trivial to fix. Sorry for the oversight. I'll look into it later today.

EDIT: played with UEZ's base64 testscripts for about an hour, but I'm completely unable to reproduce your issue. Can you please provide a reproducer script using some OS file (or some other publicly available data file)? Can't fix it if I can't see it break in my own environment...

Edited by RTFC

Good Morning RTFC, Thanks for the reply back! :graduated:

I have a file called...
IP_Ranges.csv
I basically open it with notepad and have 1900 rows in there from top to bottom with two columns - separated by comma.
Row 1 would read...
10.0.0.0/24, NWEST(Used)
10.0.1.0/24, NWEST2(Used)

(row 1900)

The data there is a fictitious example as it's a private document but formatting like "10.0.0.0/24, NWEST(Used)" is all correct.
I appreciate everything you've done to help! I got it compiled and everything because like you said it's just an & sign and some clean up :idea:
Thank you again! Pardon my french ;) but your program is freakin sweet!

:dance:

Edited by souldjer777

Thanks for responding, souldjer777. I'll see if I can re-create the issue using that latest string dump of yours. I'll keep you posted...

EDIT: so I just tried this test script based upon your string and this is re-encoded (and runs encrypted) without any problem.

I realise you need to protect your own data, that's why I suggested you instead create a reproducer script that incorporates a base64 string of some generic (base64 compressed) OS file (notepad.exe or something) that's large enough (presuming it's a size-related issue) to trigger the problem you're experiencing when you encrypt it.

You're absolutely right that your initial re-encoded output looks wrong, and MCF's _EncodeMCF is probably not handling these exceptionally long strings properly for some reason, but whenever I try to trip it up, it fails to fail. So what I need is a small full script that runs unencrypted and contains the syntax errors you describe after you've encrypted it. This does not have to be your real script, and it should not contain your real data; any dummy data will do. And the smaller it is, the better.

Edited by RTFC
example code removed upon request

Thank you Forum Moderator or RTFC! My mistake totally! I appreciate it! 

Yes, I will get you something soon RTFC! Thanks for all your help!

I believe in the meantime, I'm going to just grind out the & and ' and " replacements.

Edited by souldjer777

Just to give you peace of mind, I've also deleted my test examples with your data (without attempting to decode it), but of course nothing posted online is ever truly gone...:shhh:

@everyone: if you've sent me scripts and/or data for testing/bugfixing Codecrypter/Scanner (or any other of my own scripts),  or contemplate doing so in future, know that I will not disclose your work to any third party, and will usually delete it as soon as the issue is resolved.

After severely mangling one of UEZ's base64 example scripts, I am now able to reproduce your bug (which is really my bug), so don't bother cooking up a reproducer script anymore. I'll try and fix it some time this weekend, as soon as I'm done with another bug hunt (ants in my back garden are attempting to invade my house).

So far, the ants are winning,:mad: so to vent my frustration I fixed the veryveryverylongstring-issue that still plagued MCF.au3, as identified by souldjer777 (many thanks for identifying it; I'm kinda surprised no-one stumbled on this before). It was indeed a trivial mistake, and trivial to fix.

I've updated the CodeScannerCrypter bundle (still version 1.4), so please download it again if you did earlier.

Now back to this manual I'm reading: Tactical nuclear warfare against household pests For Dummies, chapter 23...