How can i select an item from DirectUIHWND2 type window?

Go to solution Solved by Starstar,

How can i select an item from DirectUIHWND2 type window?

i tried to select an item from DirectUIHWND2 type windows by Controllisview command but i could not successes.

ControlListView runs perfectly in SysListView321 type windows. But why not in this type windows?

Run("control netconnections")
WinWaitActive("Network Connections")
Sleep(100)
ControlListView("Network Connections", "", "DirectUIHWND2", "SelectAll")

i was trying Like that but nothing happen.

Edited by adnanbaloch

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

Haven't you kind of asked this already?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

i am looking for; like controllistview command that can work in that window which Class name is DirectUIHWND2.

Edited by adnanbaloch

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

Well take for example, you posted this >>  which looks pretty similar and from your response you were happy with my resolution.

Anyway, search the Forum before posting, you will be surprised what you find >>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Well take for example, you posted this >>  title=""> which looks pretty similar and from your response you were happy with my resolution.

A lot of difference between these two situation according my understanding...........   

Anyway, search the Forum before posting, you will be surprised what you find >> title="">

Thanks for your golden words.

Edited by adnanbaloch

Well I am only going by the information you have provided.

UDF List:

Yesterday i want to open a window(which name is Setup a connection or network) that was clear with your golden help.

today i want to select an item from; like that window which Classnn name is DirectUIHWND2. 

OK, well I really think the better choice would be to use netsh >> http://ss64.com/nt/netsh.html. Maybe go away for a couple of days andgive it a go yourself. I am not joking when I say you really learn a lot if you manage to accomplish an issue by using pure persistence and searching around on the Forum. I know netsh topics exist as I have posted some code here and there. 

UDF List:

i know the use of  netsh is better for me.but netsh is a bit difficult to understand.

Well then you have something to learn. Take that as a challenge otherwise move on.

UDF List:

Well then you have something to learn. Take that as a challenge otherwise move on.

you encouraged me. Now i am going to take over this challenge.

I will believe it when I see it. Good luck

The code >hurts my eyes, but gives you an idea.

UDF List:

OK, well keep trying. The fact you haven't posted anything means you still have a long way to go. Given my understanding of what you know about AutoIt, I reckon it will take you more than a day to achieve what you're looking for. But you need to be persistence and not give in too easily.

Also a word of advice, take a break from the Forum and put some concentration into your "project".

UDF List:

Next time you post in this thread, have something to show, instead of saying there is an issue. That's it for my "golden words".

UDF List:

Tell me please what is the problem with line 39?

Func _ObjectSHFolderViewFromWin($hWnd)
    If Not IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Return SetError(1,0,0)
    Local $oShell,$oShellWindows,$oIEObject,$oSHFolderView

; Shell Object
    $oShell=ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
    If Not IsObj($oShell) Then Return SetError(2,0,0)

;   Get a 'ShellWindows Collection' object
    $oShellWindows = $oShell.Windows()
    If Not IsObj($oShellWindows) Then Return SetError(3,0,0)

;   Iterate through the collection - each of type 'InternetExplorer' Object

For $oIEObject In $oShellWindows
        If $oIEObject.HWND = $hWnd Then
            ; InternetExplorer->Document = ShellFolderView object
            $oSHFolderView=$oIEObject.Document
            If IsObj($oSHFolderView) Then Return $oSHFolderView
            Return SetError(4,0,0)
        EndIf
    Next

Return SetError(-1,0,0)
EndFunc

$hWin=WinGetHandle('[REGEXPCLASS:^(Explore|Cabinet)WClass$]')
$hCtrl=ControlGetHandle($hWin,'','[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]')
; Windows 7
If $hCtrl='' Then $hCtrl=ControlGetHandle($hWin,'','[CLASS:DirectUIHWND]')
$sFileToSelect="Network Connection2"
$oSHFolderView=_ObjectSHFolderViewFromWin($hWin)
If Not @error Then
    ; Comment this out to choose your own file here:
    $sFileToSelect=$oSHFolderView.FocusedItem.Name
    ConsoleWrite("Focusing on : "&$sFileToSelect&@CRLF)
    WinActivate($hWin)
    ; Select ONLY the item
    $oSHFolderView.SelectItem($oSHFolderView.Folder.ParseName($sFileToSelect),4+1+8+16)
EndIf

Result>>>>

post-76662-0-22599400-1382342785_thumb.p

Edited by adnanbaloch

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

That is work fine for me.

Func _ObjectSHFolderViewFromWin($hWnd)
    If Not IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Return SetError(1,0,0)
    Local $oShell,$oShellWindows,$oIEObject,$oSHFolderView

; Shell Object
    $oShell=ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
    If Not IsObj($oShell) Then Return SetError(2,0,0)

;   Get a 'ShellWindows Collection' object
    $oShellWindows = $oShell.Windows()
    If Not IsObj($oShellWindows) Then Return SetError(3,0,0)

;   Iterate through the collection - each of type 'InternetExplorer' Object

For $oIEObject In $oShellWindows
        If $oIEObject.HWND = $hWnd Then
            ; InternetExplorer->Document = ShellFolderView object
            $oSHFolderView=$oIEObject.Document
            If IsObj($oSHFolderView) Then Return $oSHFolderView
            Return SetError(4,0,0)
        EndIf
    Next

Return SetError(-1,0,0)
EndFunc ;By Ascend4nt

$hWin=WinGetHandle('[REGEXPCLASS:^(Explore|Cabinet)WClass$]')
$hCtrl=ControlGetHandle($hWin,'','[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]')
; Windows 7
If $hCtrl='' Then $hCtrl=ControlGetHandle($hWin,'','[CLASS:DirectUIHWND]')
$sFileToSelect='Here.exe' ;Type here your file name with extenstion Example(File.exe,File.bat.file.au3.etc)
$oSHFolderView=_ObjectSHFolderViewFromWin($hWin)
If Not @error Then
WinActivate($hWin)
    ; Select ONLY the item
    $oSHFolderView.SelectItem($oSHFolderView.Folder.ParseName($sFileToSelect),4+1+8+16)
EndIf

basic function i picked up from Ascend4nt post.

A Little modification by me.

">Source"