Sword Art Online Style Widgets - Updated 2014/05/11

DatMCEyeBall

You probable saw the topic title and went:

"Sword Art Online?, Online suggests it's a game, so uhhm, let me report it!"
Or if you're a Mod:
"Let me band him!!! XDXD"

Joking aside, it's not a game, It's an anime. It also has some cool UI styles, which is what I made
s400zp.png

Files in a 7zip below:

Release: SAO.Widgets v2.5 (Release).7z

Source: SAO.Widgets v2.5 (Source).7z

Previous downloads:

2.4: 496+

1.3-1.4: 482+
1.1: 11+

1.0: 45+

Maybe I should create a UDF that allows easy creation and management of widgets/GDI+.
If you have any suggestions/feedback/comments feel free to post here.

To-Do:

• Stability patches if needed [super-extreme priority]
  • HDD widget to swap between hard drives. [Medium priority]
  • Maybe change widget colour scheme? [Low priority]

Version history:

V1.1:
  • This script has been amended with a minor change (Using the env variable "systemdrive" instead of @HomeDrive), thanks to Wombat for finding it  :thumbsup:

V1.2:

• Added widget specific context menu options.
  • Small analogue clock on the clock widget now moves
  • 12 - 24 hour toggle.

V1.3

• Widgets save positions on exit.
  • Embedded fonts
  • Minor changes to draw code.

V2.4

• Completely re-wrote the source code.
  • The HDD Widget uses the WM_DEVICECHANGE message to detect new volumes and adjust the context menu in real-time.
  • Added "LEDs" to the HDD Widget that show the current drive read/write/IO.
  • Add a indicator to the CPU widget to show the current battery percentage.

V2.5

• Changed the bar styles to fit the SAO equivalent. 
  • Added a (tiny) week day indicator to the clock widget.

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

For some reason the script crashes (No line number just "SAO.Widgets.exe has stopped working") after about 17 hours of run-time.

Anyone else getting this?

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Very nice, very very nice!

You should check the event viewer in windows...

Also:

#1: The widgets jump across my screen when loading or exiting the script, to their destination on the screen...

#2: You should use

Global Const $SYSTEMDRIVE = EnvGet('systemdrive')

as mine shows up as my networked drive and not my actual hdd installed in the laptop...

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

#1 - That's part of the design, move the widgets randomly across your screen and hit "Reset position>All" from the menu, and watch the widgets return to their positions at the same time.

If you don't like the enter and exit animations, comment out lines 151-165 and lines 345-352.

#2 - Nice catch, added, see OP for download.

About the crash, I fixed it. It was a small memory leak in the _Clock_Refresh() function that caused the crash after so long. There might be more, look out!

@tabhooked

Is there a download link for the Corel fonts?  I searched their website, but could not find any font packs available for download.  I suspect it is free for you to use, since you have purchased the software.

For the rest of us, maybe the following might be a good substitute for personal use.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/sf_digital_readout.font

or maybe this one for commercial use.

http://www.fontspace.com/allen-r-walden/crystal

Edited by willichan

I also made an edit to the code for people that want the 12 hour format:

Func _CLOCK_Refresh()
    Local $hContext, $hFormat, $hFont, $hTextBrush, $hTextBrushBlack, $CLOCK_sTime, $aInfo, $sTempText, $iHour, $sAMPM

$iHour = @HOUR
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hImages_CLOCK)
    $hImages_CLOCK = _GDIPlus_BMPFromMemory(_Clock_Img())
    $hContext = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hImages_CLOCK)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hContext, 2)

$hFormat = _GDIPlus_StringFormatCreate()
    $hFont = _GDIPlus_FontCreate($hLcdFontFamily, 20.5, 0, 3)

$hTextBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($CLOCK_iBrushCols[0][0])
    $hTextBrushBlack = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($CLOCK_iBrushCols[0][1])
    If $iHour>12 Then
        $sAMPM=" PM"
    Else
        $sAMPM=" AM"
    EndIf
    If $iHour>12 Then $iHour=$iHour-12
    If $iHour=0 Then $iHour=12
    If $sAMPM=" AM" Then $iHour=StringTrimLeft($iHour, 1)
    $CLOCK_sTime = $iHour & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & $sAMPM
    $aInfo = _GDIPlus_GraphicsMeasureString($hContext, $CLOCK_sTime, $hFont, _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(31, 10, 0, 0), $hFormat)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $CLOCK_sTime, $hFont, $aInfo[0], $hFormat, $hTextBrushBlack)
    $aInfo = _GDIPlus_GraphicsMeasureString($hContext, $CLOCK_sTime, $hFont, _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(30, 9, 0, 0), $hFormat)
    ControlMove($hGUI_CLOCK, "", $CLOCK_PlaceholderLables[0], DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 1), DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 2), DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 3) + 1, DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 4) + 1)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $CLOCK_sTime, $hFont, $aInfo[0], $hFormat, $hTextBrush)
    _GDIPlus_FontDispose($hFont)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hTextBrush)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hTextBrushBlack)

$hFont = _GDIPlus_FontCreate($hSAOFontFamily, 17, 0, 3)

$hTextBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($CLOCK_iBrushCols[1][0])
    $hTextBrushBlack = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($CLOCK_iBrushCols[1][1])
    $sTempText = _GetMonthAbb() & " " & @MDAY
    $aInfo = _GDIPlus_GraphicsMeasureString($hContext, $sTempText, $hFont, _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(126, 9, 0, 0), $hFormat)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $sTempText, $hFont, $aInfo[0], $hFormat, $hTextBrushBlack)
    $aInfo = _GDIPlus_GraphicsMeasureString($hContext, $sTempText, $hFont, _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(125, 8, 0, 0), $hFormat)
    ControlMove($hGUI_CLOCK, "", $CLOCK_PlaceholderLables[1], DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 1), DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 2), DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 3) + 1, DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], 4) + 1)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $sTempText, $hFont, $aInfo[0], $hFormat, $hTextBrush)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hTextBrush)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hTextBrushBlack)

_GDIPlus_FontDispose($hFont)
    _GDIPlus_StringFormatDispose($hFormat)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hContext)

SetBitmap($hGUI_CLOCK, $hImages_CLOCK, 255)
EndFunc   ;==>_CLOCK_Refresh

EDIT: added AM/PM as well

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

Actually that should be $iHour and $sAMPM (i for integer, s for string) to match the rest of the code.

@tabhooked

edited per Hungarian Notation. I was simply using the "c" to represent "current" which i apologise, as it's my little thing I do in my mind while coding. If the variable name is two words i use the first letter of the first word infront of the second word... my apologies.

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.

Ah, well that's fine. Do you want me to include an option to switch the clock between 24 and 12 hour modes?

@tabhooked

I was actually going to do that edit next, but if you would that would be awesome, preferebly in the righ-click menu for the wrench button.

Just look at us.

@willichan - http://apps.corel.com/ms/cgsx3/1731/extras.html I got the fonts when I got corel X3 in 2006 as a present, had then lying around and thought I'd use them somewhere. I used my new shiny X6 version to create the images for the widgets.

See OP for update, click on the icons on the widgets (For the HDD one it's the windows icon, for the clock it's the miniature analogue clock) to bring up a "widget specific" context menu.

@tabhooked

@willichan - http://apps.corel.com/ms/cgsx3/1731/extras.html I got the fonts when I got corel X3 in 2006 as a present, had then lying around and thought I'd use them somewhere. I used my new shiny X6 version to create the images for the widgets.

That was what I thought.  The fonts are free for you to use because you bought Corel X3.  The rest of us will need to either buy X3 or use other fonts.  Feel free to post the links I provided in the OP for others to use.

So I should remove my LCD font from the archive and replace it with one of the ones you provided?

Or just update the OP with the links?

Or remove my LCD font from the archive and update the OP with the links?

@tabhooked

Since the license does not include re-distribution, you should probably remove the font from the archive.

I showed this to my son, by the way, and he loves it.  He has a Sword Art Online card deck he plays with. (Not sure of the game.  I don't follow that closely.)

Updated the OP with the "Crystal" font because it closely resembles the "LcdD" font.

@tabhooked

Look here how to load an embedded TTF to GDI+: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

On exit the positions are not saved.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 3 months later...

Completely re-wrote the source code from scratch, removing the annoying 23-hours-crash bug!

V2.4

• Completely re-wrote the source code.
  • The HDD Widget uses the WM_DEVICECHANGE message to detect new volumes and adjust the context menu in real-time.
  • Added "LEDs" to the HDD Widget that show the current drive read/write/IO.
  • Add a indicator to the CPU widget to show the current battery percentage.

@tabhooked

I would suggest a taskbar icon that allows you to exit the program.

Also an option to choose which widgets you want to use.

If you need help with your stuff, feel free to get me on my Skype.

I often get bored and enjoy helping with projects.

Also an option to choose which widgets you want to use.

Why?

EDIT: Thinking of adding the "Hide/Show" option to all 5 context menus. Anyone?

I would suggest a taskbar icon that allows you to exit the program.

What's wrong with the current "wrench" button?

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

@tabhooked