Parent-Child Window Interaction

cburak

Hi all,

I created a small gui for monitoring some usefull informartion about my system like a tiny toolbox.(like what is in clipboard currenty and many more) And I want to use the advantage of parent window option in 'GuiCreate' but just wondering if I make my gui child of for example an excel document or a webpage which is in Chrome will my gui interact his parent application? (I dont send any messages to parent in any way and I dont want any interactions or slowing down parent application)

Basicly I want to know when I make my gui child of an application does that change anything about parent application?

Thanks for help.

No.

Only difference is parent has another child.

Thanks for info.

cburak,

What advantage?  Can you explain more of what you want to do, or provide an example?

kylomas

Actually I dont know much about child-parent windows. I will try to explain :) My gui is overlapping with 'taskbar'. But taskbar allways top of my gui. Even I use 'topmost' style (when I use anything on taskbar it becomes top forever). My main purpose is make my gui allways top of everything. I succeed that by making my gui child window of a Full-Screen application.(But that is not working everytime - I thinks its depends on application) I also noticed some of 'Windowed Full Screen' applications allways top of taskbar too like idiot adds popups on web. I tried to copy their style (by Autoit Window Info) to my gui and failed. Maybe it was a dummy idea. I have an other option that hiding taskbar. I keeping this option for last because its annoying for me. But if there is no way to arhcive this then I will have to use it :)

Shortly:

If there is a way to making a gui even top of takbar thats will work better for me than using child option.

Iam using Win8 64bit.

Thanks

Edited by cburak