Create a login GUI that reads from a ini file,how?

CrewXp

It's 10 pm central right now and I have to focus on tomorrow's exams. I tried workin on this earlier, but kind of gave up. This may be simple to you, but I could really use some help right now. Here is what I need:

Someone is deleting files off a shared folder in our class. I think I may solve this by making a script that I can put in the Startup folder, then when they press F5, a GUI pops up and asks for their username/password. This info will be stored in a INI file (unknown to them). I'll need multiple logins in the ini. I can set that stuff up, I just need something to work with. If they get the login wrong, it doesn't perform (TASK), but if they enter the right login, it performs (TASK). (Task is something I have developed to add something to the computer so they can access the shared folder, dont worry about it. Just leave it as TASK for now. I can fill it in later.)

If anyone can help me with this, I would truly appreciate it. I really need to study, but at the same time need to get this up and running tomorrow, before or during the students are in the classroom. We can't afford to have any more data loss, any more and our yearbook won't come out on time.

THX SO MUCH.

(In a sense, our entire school is depending on you). :whistle: Thx again, so much

It's 10 pm central right now and I have to focus on tomorrow's exams. I tried workin on this earlier, but kind of gave up. This may be simple to you, but I could really use some help right now. Here is what I need:

Someone is deleting files off a shared folder in our class. I think I may solve this by making a script that I can put in the Startup folder, then when they press F5, a GUI pops up and asks for their username/password. This info will be stored in a INI file (unknown to them). I'll need multiple logins in the ini. I can set that stuff up, I just need something to work with. If they get the login wrong, it doesn't perform (TASK), but if they enter the right login, it performs (TASK). (Task is something I have developed to add something to the computer so they can access the shared folder, dont worry about it. Just leave it as TASK for now. I can fill it in later.)

If anyone can help me with this, I would truly appreciate it. I really need to study, but at the same time need to get this up and running tomorrow, before or during the students are in the classroom. We can't afford to have any more data loss, any more and our yearbook won't come out on time.

THX SO MUCH.

(In a sense, our entire school is depending on you). :whistle: Thx again, so much

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

take a look at this ealier thread

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13568#

it should get you started

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I saw that, analyzed it as well as others, but still can't get a sturdy code to work with. If I put the time into it, I could. I was kind of looking for a little more, considering my position in studies right now, thx

Edited by CrewXp