Assign Music/Sound

Queener

Is it possible to assign sound onto button and play music on background without having to open the mp3 via media player?

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

• Moderators

asianqueen,

Look at the Sound UDF - it allows you to play mp3s directly within AutoIt. I am listening to my background player as I type. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

works, but the form froze. I'm creating a survey form and while user is doing the survey; the music plays. The form windows just keep cycling with the background music on. Any click will make it none responses and end up closing it.

[EDIT]

nevermind... got it...

_SoundPlay($sound, 1).... I just remove the 1 and it stops that cycling.

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

• Moderators

asianqueen,

And I am supposed to suggest a solution based just on that description? :wacko:

If you post the code you are using I will look at it for you and see what I can come up with. ;)

M23

Edit: I see our posts crossed. Glad you got it sorted. :)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Now for the loop;

I tried

If _SoundStop($sound) Then
    _SoundPlay($sound)
EndIf

But it doesn't work... I even tried if true statement, but still doesn't loop. Any idea?

• Moderators

asianqueen,

Check if the current file has ended - if so then restart it: :)

If _SoundStatus($sound) = "stopped" Then
    _SoundPlay($sound)
EndIf
M23

Spoiler

Can you confirm it's working? Cause that didn't work on me. I created a label to see if the text did have the following text and it did. As soon as the text change from playing to stopped, it changed to playing again, but no sound.

$sound = _SoundOpen("bk.mp3")

$Status = _SoundStatus($sound)

$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Status,40,30,50,15,-1,-1)

If $Label1 = "stopped" Then
_SoundPlay($sound)
EndIf

You've been doing this long enough to know that you can't read the contents of a control the way you're doing it. $Label1 is never going to contain the word stopped, it will only contain the control ID of the label control.

If you want to monitor the _SoundStatus, why are you looking at the label and not using the $Status variable, which quite clearly contains the text in your label?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

asianqueen,

Why is there a label in ther? :wacko:

You do it like this: ;)

#include <Sound.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit")

$aSnd_ID = _SoundOpen("M:\Downloads\Tardis takeoff.mp3")

_SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)

While 1
    If _SoundStatus($aSnd_ID) = "stopped" Then
        _SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func On_Exit()
    _SoundStop($aSnd_ID)
    Exit
EndFunc
M23

Spoiler

It still doesn't loop with the code you given. It plays and when the song ends; thats it. The reason I'm using a label is because I wanted to see if it actually display playing or stopped which it does display playing or stopped. So I use the command to play the song again if the label = stopped. Which that didn't help either.

Done. EDIT: (I have to add a stop then play again to make it work.)

#include <Sound.au3>
$aSnd_ID = _SoundOpen("bk.mp3")

_SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)

while 1
    sleep(1)

if _SoundStatus($aSnd_ID) = "stopped" Then

_SoundStop($aSnd_ID)
_SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)
EndIf
sleep(10)
WEnd

Func On_Exit()
    _SoundStop($aSnd_ID)
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by asianqueen

• Moderators

asianqueen,

It still doesn't loop with the code you given

Obviously it does for me when I use one of my mp3 files or I would not have posted it. ;)

Can you post the mp3 file you are trying to play (send it by PM if you would prefer). Perhaps there is something funny about that. :wacko:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

asianqueen,

That is a most peculiar mp3 - it will not restart until it has been closed and reopened like this: :wacko:

#include <Sound.au3>

$aSnd_ID = _SoundOpen("M:\Downloads\bk.mp3")

_SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)

While 1
    If _SoundStatus($aSnd_ID) = "stopped" Then
        _SoundStop($aSnd_ID)
        _SoundOpen("M:\Downloads\bk.mp3")
        _SoundPlay($aSnd_ID)
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func On_Exit()
    _SoundStop($aSnd_ID)
    Exit
EndFunc
I will look inside it later and see if I can work out why it does this. :)

M23

Spoiler

yeah I scratch my head why it's not looping until it comes in mind that I tried to stop the play then play it again. It's a good catch =)

• Moderators

asianqueen,

I recoded the mp3 and it works fine now - there must be some encoding glitch in the file you are using. If I find the time I will have a deeper look inside the original and let you know if I find anything. :)

M23

Spoiler