All pictures get emailed

Select Email provider

Add custom email provider

Test Email settings.

Enable start up on current or local user

post-70165-0-99008600-1383645300_thumb.j

Theory:

Laptop stolen.

Thief Logs in to desktop (not password protected).

As soon as internet connection is detected, after random X seconds scrpt starts and coveres entire screen from which you CANNOT ESCAPE no matter what you do.

Entering wrong password will take pictures of you using laptop built in webcam and email them to where you need.

Supporting applications:
Prey.

Advantage of Prey is that it uses Geo Location device and reports your laptop physical location on the map based on the network it is connected to.

Wish List

I want my script to also use "Geo Location" feature if available so Prey can go to rest :thumbsup:

post-70165-0-99008600-1383645300_thumb.j

source.zip

Edited by tonycst

What I'd do is disconnect the computer from the internet, change your password on the laptop so I can log in, steal all of your information, then wipe the drive completely.Then sell it on Craigslist.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thats because you not a thief.

Thief would hardly know how to wipe anything. They would know how to start it and go online, thats about all.

Even if the WOULD want to wipe it clen, they only WOULD if it was password protected dut to inability to login and test it etc.

Who would want to buy laptop with password set right ? So they wipe it.

Otherwise no need.

Surely they will have to once they find out that password is constantly requested when online, but by that time their face will be allover internet and in the police department as well.

I have 4 laptops and none of them have a built-in webcam. None of the laptops that I've used that do have webcams can be used with AutoIt3 and Windows Vista and above, all you get is a black image. Most thieves don't care what's on the hard drive, and those that do probably know how to boot off a USB drive, change the Administrator password, and log in. Not that they'd NEED to even boot off of the hard drive if they're that savvy, because I could just as easily steal all of your information while booted into the USB drive. 

Prey is useless for laptop recovery from anyone but the incredibly stupid thief. The effort you've put into this is admirable, but unfortunately ultimately futile.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

i have 2 people that said "its awesome i want it" outside this forum

I have 2 people that sad "otherwise"

My chances of getting rich are 50/50

My laptop cost me $1300. Am sure that you with your 4 $300 laptops wont even care if its gone :) so your input is not significant.

Someone out there is looking for something like that. I my self someties look for things that are not on demand. Once not found, i have to make it.

Hopefully someone will find it and find it useful. I do find it useful and that's why i made it because it dint exist.

My compter is full of weird scripts like that that do work i dont want to do with little to no effort oon my side.

I say 3 of my compters are DEPENDING on autoit nearly 90%

It's not something that's useless, and I'm sure certain people would be interested in such a program that was fully developed.

But it is not something new on here like you suggest, similar projects have popped up and been discussed in the past.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

My laptop cost me $1300. Am sure that you with your 4 $300 laptops wont even care if its gone :) so your input is not significant.

My laptops are older models, but when new cost somewhere in the vacinity of $1300 each. They're business models, and not some cheaply made overpriced consumer model.

I never once insulted you or your code, I'm not sure what prompted you to insult me. All I ever said was that this code won't prevent a theft, nor will it ever get someone their computer back if they do use it unless the thief is incredibly stupid, nor will it prevent anyone from accessing anything on the computer itself. But I will leave you to your thoughts of riches, I'm done.

So am i.

Thought of richness was a joke, i dont intend to become that way, there are simply too many issues with big quantities of money.

I did it because i felt like it and wanted to share.

It is insulting to hear you say that i make something that only a stupid thief would fall for. Am sure most thief's are stupid, otherwise they would have a job.

• Moderators

Enough! :mad:

All of you stop acting like little children or I close (or delete) this thread. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area