FileCreateShortCut & Windows 8.1

blumi

I used a script on a windows 8.1 system and noticed that the function filecreateshortcut does not the same like on a windows 7 system where I have used the script very often.

Both systems have installed a 64-bit Windows.

The shortcut is created on the desktop but the path is not correct.

On the windows 7 system the path is correct and the path $serverAdministrationAdmin-Links ist opened

On the widnows 8 system the following path is opened. $serverAdministration and not Admin-Links

And if I do a double click on the shortcut Windows 8.1 asks me which programm should be used to open the file

The icon is correct on both shortcuts

Has anyone noticed some differences between windows 7 and 8.1?

FileCreateShortcut($Server & "Administration\Admin-Links", @DesktopDir & "\Admin-Links.lnk", "", "", "", @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", "", "244")

Because you solved it how?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 3 weeks later...

For the script above I found a little mistake, ist works now.

But it seems there ist a general difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

These lines should make tow simple Shortcuts to some cmd files on the network using a dll file on the network to create the icons.

$Server = "\\EMI-S4\"
$ScriptName = "Test"

; Verknüpfung für die Export- und Importbefehle für das Layout der Metrooberfläche
If FileExists($Server & "Programme\Installation\Windows 8\CopyCurrentStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd") Then
    FileCreateShortcut ($Server & "Programme\Installation\Windows 8\CopyCurrentStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd", @DesktopDir & "\Copy Current Start Screen To Default.lnk", "", "", "", $Server & "Administration\AutoIt\Icons\DLLs\Win7-sdcpl.dll" , "", "2")
Else
    MsgBox(16, $ScriptName, "CopyCurrentStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd konnte nicht gefunden werden")
EndIf

If FileExists($Server & "Programme\Installation\Windows 8\ImportCustomStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd") Then
    FileCreateShortcut ($Server & "Programme\Installation\Windows 8\ImportCustomStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd", @DesktopDir & "\Import Custom Start Screen To Default.lnk", "", "", "", $Server & "Administration\AutoIt\Icons\DLLs\Win7-sdcpl.dll" , "", "3")
Else
    MsgBox(16, $ScriptName, "ImportCustomStartScreen2Default (als Admin ausführen!).cmd konnte nicht gefunden werden")
EndIf

When I run the script on a windows 7 system the shortcuts and icons are created.

When i run the script on a windows 8.1 system the shortcuts are created without the icons.

Edited by blumi