Read/Write Process Memory

Hey all,

I was wondering if there are any UDFs that deal with reading/writting process memory. If not, does anyone have some pointers on how to go about it?

Thanx,

-CMR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check scripts and scraps, i'm pretty sure i've seen some stuff like you're asking for in there.

This is a nice start. Thank you. I'm just not sure if it is exactly what I'm looking for. What I need is a WriteMemory function that affects the value of the address, not the OpCodes (I'm not making a trainer). For example:

In the game, a player takes a loan form a bank to build stuff. As their wealth increases, they payback thier loan. This is a slow and gradual process and I wanted to create a way to subtract the amount of the loan from thier total cash. I also want to record the info from other addresses and display them (but that is easy enough I suppose).

I'll keep looking. Thanx for the links though. Looks like I'll have to write my own DLL for this specific need.

-CMR

This is a nice start. Thank you. I'm just not sure if it is exactly what I'm looking for. What I need is a WriteMemory function that affects the value of the address, not the OpCodes (I'm not making a trainer). For example:

In the game, a player takes a loan form a bank to build stuff. As their wealth increases, they payback thier loan. This is a slow and gradual process and I wanted to create a way to subtract the amount of the loan from thier total cash. I also want to record the info from other addresses and display them (but that is easy enough I suppose).

I'll keep looking. Thanx for the links though. Looks like I'll have to write my own DLL for this specific need.

-CMR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check out ArtMoney. it's a nice little program that lets you search for values and change them etc. it's very user friendly and is awesome for finding/tweaking values. if you're just doing this for yourself, you could probably write a script that runs the window without displaying it, and controls that program to control the memory of your game. that would definitely make your code alot smaller, and you could fileinstall() the necessary files with the script. i wouldn't do that for a real release you intend to share on the net or something though, just because of copyrights etc...

check out ArtMoney.  it's a nice little program that lets you search for values and change them etc.  it's very user friendly and is awesome for finding/tweaking values.  if you're just doing this for yourself, you could probably write a script that runs the window without displaying it, and controls that program to control the memory of your game.  that would definitely make your code alot smaller, and you could fileinstall() the necessary files with the script.  i wouldn't do that for a real release you intend to share on the net or something though, just because of copyrights etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I need a self-contained app. I did find what I was looking for though. MemRead/MemWrite UDFs.

Thanx.

• 5 months later...

yeah i could have sworn there was something in scripts and scraps

this might help

Func MemWrite($ProcessName, $Address, $DataToWrite, $DataSize)
Local $PID, $Result
$PID = ProcessExists($ProcessName)
$Result = DllCall(@Windowsdir & "\system32\"&$dll&".dll", "long", "WriteMemLoc", "long", $PID, "long", $Address, "long", $DataToWrite, "long", $DataSize)
Return $Result[0]
EndFunc

• Moderators

Can you post the UDF's here please? I would like to look at the source.

Are you kidding?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

-CMR

my udf can write/read anything it wants through the Write/ReadProcessMemory function in kernel32.dll

its weekend now so ill hope to have a simple tutorial ready + support for dword writing (instead of byte by byte).

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Hey, wouter. Do you have a UDF that will filter the read processes like in tsearch or artmoney?

Nope. And i dont think autoit will ever be fast enough to be 'helpfull' :o

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll