run hidden (hide all windows)

Hello community,

with shellexecute and the @sw_hide flag  one can run an application an hide its main window.

But it can popup other ones, which can only made invisible with delay, wich can be bad when doing automation.

However, there are tools like "nowindow.exe"  (http://www.adsciengineering.com/tools/nowindow/) wich surpress all windows to become visible.

My questions are:

- How do these tools work, and is there some pure autoit equivalent?

- Is this some kind of "virtual enviroment"-technology or can one communicate with the windows (which just never get visible?)

thanks a lot

Bluesmaster

My UDF: [topic='156155']_shellExecuteHidden[/topic]

Take a look at the source of my application >SSD, where I utilize the CreateDesktop API call to run programs on a non-visible desktop. They're completely "invisible" and it seems as if windows and controls can be accessed with the usual functions.

@ JohnOne

I know. I read it for an hour and did not understand anything :sweating:

@KaFu

Thank you very much that was a very good advice.

I tried to make a  UDF out of it and share it to share it with the community.

I am sure some did this before, but I could not find something similar for now.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

best regards

Bluesmaster

My UDF: [topic='156155']_shellExecuteHidden[/topic]

• 1 month later...

Is it possible by means of autoit create something like vmware? I dont know from where should I start. I try to explain: I am trying to create the software which will be automating ie and firefox actions, but it uses sometimes mouse clicks and send key methods. So if it will be working on the user's pc, it will be interogating with his actions (Imagine if the software needs to make a mouse click or key send- and at this time the user is working on the pc.
For this I am using vmware. I think Is it possible to create something like a vmware- virtualize the desktop. so that it could be working in users background? If you have any ideas, where should I start from? Thanx in advance for your help!!!!

I started learning the issue as KAFU advised
from MSDN library and  SSD.

Is it possible thus to create desktop and run there action isolated from the main desktop? So that the clicks or sendkeys wont interfere with the main desktop?

Thanx in advance!!!!