How to access modal dialog box?

Guest pc1002

I am trying to write a script to complete all the mandatory fields in a form and submit it successfully. One of the problems I am facing is one of the mandatory fields appears in a popup window (or more precisely a dialog box that doesn't appear as a new window).

When I click on a particular link on the web page, the window.showModalDialog method is called. This dialog box contains a form which contains a drop-down menu. I need to be able to select one of the values from the drop-down menu and then close this dialog box.

Can anyone tell me how to get a handle of the dialog box and then access the form fields.

Edited by pc1002

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to write a script to complete all the mandatory fields in a form and submit it successfully. One of the problems I am facing is one of the mandatory fields appears in a popup window (or more precisely a dialog box that doesn't appear as a new window).

When I click on a particular link on the web page, the window.showModalDialog method is called. This dialog box contains a form which contains a drop-down menu. I need to be able to select one of the values from the drop-down menu and then close this dialog box.

Can anyone tell me how to get a handle of the dialog box and then access the form fields.

I wanted to share with you our solution to this problem. Well, its not really a solution but a workaround. Instead of clicking on a link to open the dialog box, we decided to open the dialog box manually using like:

$window = $IE_object.document.parentwindow.showModelessDialog($url)

This allowed us to get a handle on the dialog box.

could you include a screenshot of the autoit window info? probably one for the parent window and the one you want to read from would be best.