Inconsistent behavior with @scriptdir

corgano

While working on a script I noticed that @scriptdir does not have a tailing when used normally, but does when placed in the root of a drive. A simple script to demonstrate this problem

ConsoleWrite(@scriptdir&"\test.txt"&@CRLF)
FileWrite(@ScriptDir&"\test.txt", "Hello world!")
Exit

When in a subfolder, the path is as expected (C:somefolder becoming C:somefoldertest.txt). There is no trailing . But when placed in the root of a drive, the path becomes C:, resulting in file path of C:test.txt. While some programs and functions will succeed with this, this path is invalid and causes issues with other programs. I have to do something like stringreplace( @scriptdir&"test.txt", "", "") to clean up an issue that shouldn't be happening

Is this behavior intentional?

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

• Developers

Quote from the new Beta HelpFile:

@ScriptDir Directory containing the running script. Only includes a trailing backslash when the script is located in the root of a drive.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

This is pretty standard behaviour. try running this VBScript and you see that does the exact same thing:

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set ofso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
WScript.Echo " current dir:" & oShell.CurrentDirectory
oShell.CurrentDirectory = ".."
WScript.Echo " current dir:" & oShell.CurrentDirectory
oShell.CurrentDirectory = "\"
WScript.Echo " Root dir:" & oShell.CurrentDirectory

The output I get:

current dir:D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test\dir met spaces
 current dir:D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test
 Root dir:D:\

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The reason  the root directory of a drive has the backslash is because in Windows if you use D: without a backslash it assumes you mean whatever the current working directory on D: is rather than the root directory. Also, there's no Windows command that won't work with a doubled backslash like that. I'm going to assume it's something you're scripting that's having the issue.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for the info! Turns out it's an acrobat/JS thing. I was changing it to save to a temp file and move it using autoit and it works. At least I learned somthing :P

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e