Figlet Tool for SciTE

Myicq

@mlipok:

Replacement char is because figlet fonts normally do not contain non-English chars. Some fonts do, most don't. I know the check is hardcoded, and does not look for actual character in the font... but that could of course change later.

So right now you can replace "illegal" with "space" or  "none" or "question"(mark). Probably also a literal like "." if you wish.

Could you please explain what you mean by a "gui like a combobox" ?

Button "generate" is same as ENTER. It ends and inserts into SciTE. My tool is for use with SciTE, as there is already another FigLet tool around for clipboard.

Yes, I did plan for a font selector. Just not done yet.

Glad you like it :) Cool how you guys got the colors...

Other suggestions welcomed !

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

Yes, I did plan for a font selector. Just not done yet.

someone had warned forestalled/ahead of you
See post #14
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

So right now you can replace "illegal" with "space" or  "none" or "question"(mark). Probably also a literal like "." if you wish.

Can I do that convertion   Ć >> C   ć >> c

Question How ?

Could you please explain what you mean by a "gui like a combobox" ?

• User-definable comment style when inserting

You mean that statement "Can you do a GUI (ie. combobox or something like that) ?"

Cool how you guys got the colors...

just use the A button 

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

;)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Can I do that convertion   Ć >> C   ć >> c

Question How ?

In theory yes, but it's a fairly complex question for computers. The only way to do this is by using a lookup table. I don't think AutoIT has a builtin function for that.

Some typical questions are:

* do you type in your own ansi code or UTF8 ? Example: is it Á (00c1 ) or Á (0041 0301)

* some characters will sound like, ex, "T" but look like "F". Or same with D vs H.

* some characters look nothing at all like an English

You mean that statement "Can you do a GUI (ie. combobox or something like that) ?"

Yes. What did you mean ?

Beaten to the punch.  I am working on a full "FIGdriver" UDF.  Looks like you got the heart of it working where I am just getting started. :thumbsup:

Are you working on taking this further? (Three layout modes or international font support)

Edited by willichan

@willichan: most of the work was not mine, so I won't take credit for it :)

What do you mean by "FIGdriver UDF" ? Perhaps you can describe the core function.

I plan to take the project a bit further. But maybe my project is different from what you wish to do ? Happy to learn more.

As for the international characters, it seems like Figlet is 8bit only, which sets some limits. I have found this font editor but so far no time to experiment. But adding some semi-automatic conversion of accepts (äá etc ==> a, æ => ae, å => aa etc) should be quite simple. [now THAT is in itself worth a UDF!]

Will see how much time I can spare on this.

What do you mean by "FIGdriver UDF" ? Perhaps you can describe the core function..

Probably the best documentation for FIGlet fonts can be found here.

http://www.figlet.org/ is also a good resource.

About 400 FIGfonts can be downloaded from here.

Here is a small excerpt with terminology used

BASIC DEFINITIONS AND CONCEPTS
===== =========== === ========

"FIGfont"

A FIGfont is a file which represents the graphical arrangement of characters
representing larger characters.  Since a FIGfont file is a text file, it can
be created with any text editing program on any platform.  The filename of a
FIGfont file must end with ".flf", which stands for "<F>IG<L>ettering
<F>ont".

"FIGcharacters" and "Sub-characters"

Because FIGfonts describe large characters which consist of smaller
characters, confusion can result when descussing one or the other.
Therefore, the terms "FIGcharacter" and "sub-character" are used,
respectively.

"FIGdriver"

The term FIGdriver is used in this document to encompass FIGlet, FIGWin, and
any future programs which use FIGfonts.

"FIGure"

A FIGure (thusly capitalized) is an image created by a FIGdriver.
    #            ## #   #        ##  #     ##           # 
##########     ##   #   #  ######     #  ## #   #       # 
#        #   ## #   #   #      #      ###        #     #  
       ##  ##   #   #   # ########## #  #             #   
     ##         #      #       #         #          ##    
   ##           #     #        #          #       ##      
 ##             #   ##       ##            #    ##        

(ウィリチャン - Willichan)

Edited by willichan