#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta

Local $f = function
Local $s = 'xxx'
$f($s)

Func function(ByRef $title)
    MsgBox(0, $title, 'function invoked')
EndFunc

I get:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\fct.au3" /UserParams    
+>02:53:28 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.0 SciTE v.3.3.7.0 ;  Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C  Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (3.3.11.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta
"C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\fct.au3"(7,28) : error: function() previously called with Const or expression on ByRef param(s).
Func function(ByRef $title)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\fct.au3"(3,20) : REF: first call to function().
Local $f = function
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\fct.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Removing ByRef works.

Looks like another quirk in the au3check with the new Code ...oh joy :)

Shouldn't that be reported to the AutoIt v3.3.11.1 thread?

Yes, This is part of the Core AutoIt3 and not part of this Installer. And report in TRAC would be best. ;)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Oh it can't handle it. It needs an entirely different version/fork of the code. I just meant I could make it do the automatic temp file/ANSI thing. ;)

That is basically what I did with the MainScript in AutoIt3Wrapper, but would be great when this could be done in au3check. The challenge will be to handle it in a way you do this for all Scriptfiles (main and Includes) and still know which one has the error to be able to translate that back to the original filename.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry to interrupt.  Just wanted to confirm if the following function snippet found in SciTEConfig has a redundancy.

;
; determine the SciTE and AutoIt3 Directories
;
If $AutoIT3_Dir = "" Or Not FileExists($AutoIT3_Dir) Then
    ; save current dir
    Global $S_CurDir = @WorkingDir
    ; set directory to obfuscator directory
    FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
    If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\Autoit3.exe") Then
        $AutoIT3_Dir = @ScriptDir
    Else
        FileChangeDir("..")
        If FileExists("Autoit3.exe") Then
            $AutoIT3_Dir = @WorkingDir
        Else
            FileChangeDir("..")
                $AutoIT3_Dir = @WorkingDir
            Else
                $AutoIT3_Dir = RegRead("HKLM\Software\AutoIt v3\Autoit", 'InstallDir')
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
    ; Restore saved current directory
    FileChangeDir($S_CurDir)
EndIf

Seems like lines 101 - 104 and 106 are unnecessary.

@czardas, good question...

Because if this line returns false "If FileExists("Autoit3.exe")" then it is ran one more time.

Basically:

; do something
    Else
        ; do something else
    EndIf
EndIf
Edited by jaberwocky6669

Mat would be a good person to ask as they've been working on something in the last couple of days.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm pretty sure the dir doesn't change.

I isolated the snippet and sure enough, it does change.  Nevermind and thank you all.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

$foo = 'one="apple" two="berry" three="cherry"'

$Afoo = stringsplit(StringStripWS($foo, 8) , '" ')

for $i = 1 to $Afoo[0] - 1 step 2
    Assign(stringtrimright($Afoo[$i], 1), $Afoo[$i+1])
next

msgbox(0, '' , $one)
msgbox(0, '' , $two)
msgbox(0, '' , $three)

The above script errors and stops with directive at Y or N

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=        ;(Y/N) Continue/Stop on Warnings.(Default=N)

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

That directive is for warnings so I presume var declared but not used. Add #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=N to the top of your script.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So there is no "warn only" directive?  Would this be a reasonable feature request?

• Developers

So there is no "warn only" directive?  Would this be a reasonable feature request?

Correct ...

The requested change is easy but should we really want to implement this?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

thats for the smart folk, this is the first instance where it would make sense (to me) to use it.

the choice is currently for that script:  having to declare variables for debug or having to turn off Au3Check completely.  A 'warn only' would still allow me to see if I broke something else, but not stop completely on an undeclared variable.

Edited by boththose

• Developers

You could use this but only works for F7/Compile:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=""%autoitdir%\au3check.exe" "%in%""

.. or just do Ctrl+F5 to run au3check manually from time to time.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Has anyone noticed a refusal to accept file drops?  I tried .au3 and .txt files dragged from the desktop.  When I get the plus sign, I let go of the mouse button.  Left mouse button drag or right mouse button drag, when I let go, nothing happens other than the plus sign disappears.

My setup may be weird as I backed off from the latest stable to 3.3.8.1 as I am mostly maintaining scripts I wrote with that version.

Edit: I should add I'm running Windows 8.0 Home on Toshiba Laptop.

Edited by MilesAhead

• Moderators

I just tested on 8.1 with the latest version and both right and left-click drags worked okay.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

I only see this behaviour when running SciTE in Admin mode and drag-dropping from a regular running level windows explorer.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.