New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v3.3.7

Jos

I think there is a problem with SciTe.

When i'll do compile, the UPX flag is not checked, right? If i make "Save script" there is no change to the script.

If i'll click on Compile and i'll add the flag to the UPX, then click on "Save script" nothing happened, no changes to the script.

In the second case, why SciTe don't add this line?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=yes

I'll remeber the old version add that line.

Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength

• Developers

You forgot to specify all version info you are using.

I just tried it on a script without any directives and it did add the UPX directive when I ticked it, but could very well be it got fixed in the current beta.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I didn't specific because i can't check now but at 99% the last stable SciTe+3.3.8.1, if not i'll repost with more information.

Edited by Terenz

• Developers

I didn't specific because i can't check now but at 99% the last stable SciTe+3.3.8.1, if not i'll repost with more information.

Tested with the current download and can't replicate this. AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.4

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos know best :sorcerer:

Yes my version was:

SciTe 13.11.14.16 - 3.3.6 - Wrapper 2.1.3.0

I have download the lastest version:

SciTe 41.01.22.21 - 3.3.7 - Wrapper 2.1.4.4

And i don't have that issue, when i thick the UPX i have the directive, sorry for the loosing of time.

Little OT question:

I'll respect your decision to leave out from the Obfuscator project, you know what I think about security of our script. Obfuscator don't make your script more secure but IMHO better then nothing/plain text. But why you don't have given the project in the hands of someone you trust within the forum instead of "let it die", there is a particular reason? Thanks 

• Developers

Little OT question:

I'll respect your decision to leave out from the Obfuscator project, you know what I think about security of our script. Obfuscator don't make your script more secure but IMHO better then nothing/plain text. But why you don't have given the project in the hands of someone you trust within the forum instead of "let it die", there is a particular reason? Thanks 

The project isn't dead but just took a turn and is now focussing on stripping the source to remove as much ballast as possible.

The Obfuscation of source isn't buying you much any more these days since there are deobfuscators available and will be more or less the same as using the new /RenameMinimum switch in Au3Stripper which is the  /OM switch of Obfuscator.

The opening up of the source is not open for discussion. If someone feels this project needs to continue, I would have no issue with explaining more of its internals, but this person will have to write its own program to make it maintainable.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...