Windows 7 - Open 4 Explorer Windows to size

Hello,

New to this script tool, and this forum.  I've been using a script for some time that automatically opens 4 windows explorer windows, sized to fit on all 4 corners of my screen.  This worked perfectly with Windows XP, but does not appear to work the same in Windows 7.  Now the windows simply open on top of each other.  It's as if Win7 doesn't memorize the locations they were previously sized and placed in. 

Can anyone assist?  My script is below.

Run("explorer.exe " & "R:Corridor Management Planning_RichGeoWorkspaces") 

Run("explorer.exe " & "R:Corridor Management PlanningReports2013DraftsRichDelegated Authority")

Run("explorer.exe " & "S:Public WorksOperations & Waste ManagementOperations & MaintenanceRoads Ops and MaintRoads & TrafficRoad Closure Work OrdersSpecial Events")

Run("explorer.exe " & "S:Planning & Economic DevelopmentTourism and CultureSEAT20132013 APPLICANTS")
Edited by RabidRich

Thanks to both above.  I am trying to research this WinMove function now, but having troubles getting it to work.  I am simply asking 4 windows explorer windows to open on the screen fitting into each corner so all can be seen at once.  I don't a title of a windows explorer window, or any text to move as requested in the paramaters.  Can anyone provide an example of how they would acheive this?  Can I simply place the function next to each run command as per above for each window?

Edited by RabidRich

• Moderators

RabidRich,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

This little function should do the business for you: ;)

; Use your path and the required position and size
_Run("Your_Path_Here", $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH)

Func _Run($sPath, $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH)

Local $aWinList_Before = WinList("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]")

Run("explorer.exe " & $sPath)
    Do
        $aWinList_After = WinList("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]")
    Until $aWinList_After[0][0] > $aWinList_Before[0][0]

Local $hWnd = $aWinList_After[1][1]

Sleep(1000)

WinMove($hWnd, "", $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH)

EndFunc
My only concern is that the Explorer windows might be a differnt class in Win7. This certainly works in Vista, so if it does not work for you that is probably the explanation. Use the AutoIt Window Info tools to check what the Win7 class should be and adjust the script accordingly. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 3 years later...