Send all xls in folder to seperate addresses as per xls cell

Hey Guys!!!

I have a bunch of spreadsheets in a folder, and what i'm wanting to do, is attach one of the spreadsheets and email according to either the spreadsheet name minus the .xls or if it can look at a cell in the spreadsheet then attach and send, and go through and do that for each of the spreadsheets in the folder.

Any sort of help pointing me in the right direction would be great guys!

hmm just thought of possibly a work around, just setup a macro which has CDO in VBA and then use that to point to the cell, but then im not sure how i would specify the xls names to import to as they always change.

Edited by 13lack13lade

13lack13lade,

See this thread (reply #7) for an example of getting / processing file names.

As for reading an Excel cell and interacting with email, the last topic we worked on has all you need.

kylomas

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Which thread? theres no link in your post :)

i know how to do the cell interacting with email etc (thanks to you and the other amazing autoit guys!) i just like to try and explain with as much detail as possible so everyone understands what im after, my main issue i guess is identifying the right spreadsheet attaching and sending via email when i dont specify the names.

Just cant seem to find any information relating to what im after - just need a point in the right direction! (or a kick) haha

13lack13lade,

Whoops, >here is the thread.  It illustrates getting files and iterating throught the array.  For your situation you can iterate the array, processing each spreadsheet/workbook as you go.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill