Are there any GPS api's for autoit ?

tonycst

Windows offers this API.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

a little clicking arround on the website provides you this HTML which describes how to use these objects with COM Automation.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<title>A Simple Latitude/Longitude Example</title>

</head>

<body onload = "GetLatLong()">

<!-- LatLong Location report factory object -->

<object id="LatLongFactory"

classid="clsid:9DCC3CC8-8609-4863-BAD4-03601F4C65E8"

type="application/x-oleobject">

</object>

<p>This example requires that you have installed and enabled a

driver that can provide latitude and longitude data.</p>

<br>

<!-- Text boxes used to display LatLong report fields. -->

Latitude: <input type="TEXT" name="txtLat" value=""> <br>

Longitude: <input type="TEXT" name="txtLon" value=""> <br>

Altitude: <input type="TEXT" name="txtAlt" value=""> <br>

Altitude error: <input type="TEXT" name="txtAltErr" value=""> <br>

Error radius: <input type="TEXT" name="txtErrRad" value=""> <br>

Timestamp: <input type="TEXT" name="txtTmL" value=""> <br>

<input type="BUTTON" name=btnLLr value="Get LatLong"

onclick="GetLatLong()"> <br>

<br>

<script>

<!--

// JScript date object assumes local time.

// If you display the timestamp directly, the

// the string will show UTC plus the local time zone,

// such as "PST". This function ensure that local time

// is displayed in the string.

function GetTimeString(timestamp)

{

var datetime = new Date(timestamp);

var dateLocal = new Date();

dateLocal.setTime(Date.UTC(datetime.getFullYear(),

datetime.getMonth(),

datetime.getDate(),

datetime.getHours(),

datetime.getMinutes(),

datetime.getSeconds(),

datetime.getMilliseconds()));

return dateLocal.toString();

}

// Get a latitude/longitude report

// and display the values.

function GetLatLong()

{

var reportstatus = LatLongFactory.Status;

if(reportstatus == 4)

{

var report = LatLongFactory.LatLongReport;

// Retrieve the properties required to be

// supported by all LatLong providers.

txtLat.value = report.Latitude;

txtLon.value = report.Longitude;

txtErrRad.value = report.ErrorRadius;

txtTmL.value = GetTimeString(report.Timestamp);

// Try to retrieve the non-required properties.

try

{

txtAlt.value = report.Altitude;

txtAltErr.value = report.AltitudeError;

}

catch(e)

{

txtAlt.value = "Altitude not supported.";

txtAltErr.value = "Altitude not supported.";

}

}

else

{

alert("No location data provider available.");

}

}

-->

</script>

</body>

</html>

Yes i saw that. It confuses me even more.

I tried to come up with _WinApi_LocationDisp.LatLongReportFactory taken from Location.LocationDisp.LatLongReportFactory  and just added _WinAPI_ at its front but i doubt its gonna work since its not listed in autoit. And if its not listed, does that mean its not supported ?

Edited by tonycst

I'm guessing the reason it hasn't been written yet is that it's such a niche thing. There's so few computers that actually have a GPS enabled device in them that it probably just hasn't come up before. I've never run into a computer that's GPS enabled myself, and didn't even know such a thing existed, or was needed by anyone.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify, I've never seen a computer with it built-in before, I've seen plenty of USB/Serial port connected GPS devices before.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Perhaps because those laptops were cheep.

Anyhow i need lots of help on this.

#include <WinAPI.au3>

Dim $latlongfactory
$latlongfactory = ObjCreate("LocationDisp.LatLongReportFactory")
Dim $Listen
$Listen = ObjCreate ("LocationDisp.LatLongReportFactory.ListenForReports")
Dim $Report
$Report= ObjCreate ("LocationDisp.LatLongReportFactory.LatLongReport",$Listen)

MsgBox(0,'',$Report)

I am trying to learn API's and this is what i came up with so far.

Am sure its wrong but it looks good :)

I need the $report to report something but it gives 0. :(

Because most of these return no value, i cant be sure i do it right.

Edited by tonycst

i have a lenovo with "build in GPS" aswell

and i have used this code to get the GPS data just change the com port to the one your GPS i connected to

This is NOT my code all credit goes to the original author here from autoit forum :D

#include <WinAPI.au3>
Global $Port1, $Port, $Buffer, $String, $Data
$Port1 ="COM17"
_OpenPort()

for $I = 1 to 100 ; Let's do the cycle 5 times
    _GetData()
   Global $TimeStamp = $DATA[2] ; UTC time
   Global $Lat1= Round((StringRight($DATA[4],7)/60) + StringLeft($DATA[4],2),6) ; Latitude converted to decimal degrees
   if $DATA[5] = "S" Then
   $Lat1=$Lat1 * -1
   EndIf
   Global $Lon1= Round((StringRight($DATA[6],7)/60) + StringLeft($DATA[6],3),6) ; Longitude converted to decimal degrees
   if $DATA[7] = "W" Then
   $Lon1=$Lon1 * -1
   EndIf
   Global $Speed = Round($DATA[8]*1.852,0) ; Speed is in Knots. Multiply by 1.852 for Km or 1.150779 for miles
   Global $Bearing = $DATA[9] ; In degrees
    If $Lat1<>0 And $Lon1<>0 Then
        consolewrite("Time: " & $TimeStamp  & "   Latitude: " & $Lat1  & "   Longitude:  " & $Lon1  & "   Speed: " & $Speed&" Km" & "   Bearing:  " & $Bearing & @CR )
        ;FileWriteLine(@ScriptDir&"\GPSLog.txt","Time: " & $TimeStamp  & "   Latitude: " & $Lat1  & "   Longitude:  " & $Lon1  & "   Speed: " & $Speed & "   Bearing:  " & $Bearing)
    Else
        consolewrite("Waiting for $GPRMC Data from COM port that is different then 0,0" &@CR)
    EndIf
next

Func _OpenPort()
   $Port = _WinAPI_CreateFile($Port1, 2, 2)
   If $Port = 0 then
   msgbox(16, "", "No response from port " & $Port1)
   exit
   else
   $Buffer = DllStructCreate("byte[1]")
   EndIf
EndFunc
Func _GetData()
   While 1
   _GetString()
   if StringLeft($String,6) = "$GPRMC" then ; $GPGGA $GPGSV $GPGLL $GPGSA $GPGST
   $Data = stringsplit($String, ",")
   Return
   EndIf
   WEnd
EndFunc
Func _GetString()
   Local  $C = 0, $TempString = "", $sText
   While 1
    Local $nBytes=1
   _WinAPI_ReadFile($Port, DllStructGetPtr($Buffer), 1, $nBytes)
   $sText = BinaryToString(DllStructGetData($Buffer, 1))
   if $stext=chr(13) or $sText=chr(10) then
   $C=$C+1
   if $C=2 then
      $String = $TempString
      $TempString = ""
      $C=0
      Return
   endif
   else
   $TempString= $TempString & $sText
   EndIf
   WEnd
EndFunc

Yes different COM#

Right mouse click Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) -> Your device

at least under windows 7

i have windows 7. no such thing as Ports under device manager, just list of all devices.

I am not sure what category this device is and what would it be named.

The GPS devices I've seen have all been serial port devices, even the ones that plug into a USB port.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Have you tried expanding all of the trees to see where it's located?

Have you tried expanding all of the trees to see where it's located?

I did. I have nothing there that would make me think about GPS or LOCATION

Laptop model is Samsung ATIV Book 8

Looking at its specs, i found no clue about its location device name or even if it has one.

Its a feature that even manufacturer thought was not important to specify.

Edited by tonycst

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WinAPILocale.au3>
#include <APILocaleConstants.au3>

Local $ID = _WinAPI_GetUserGeoID()

ConsoleWrite('ID:        0x' & Hex($ID) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('Latitude:  ' & _WinAPI_GetGeoInfo($ID, $GEO_LATITUDE) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('Longitude: ' & _WinAPI_GetGeoInfo($ID, $GEO_LONGITUDE) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('Name:      ' & _WinAPI_GetGeoInfo($ID, $GEO_FRIENDLYNAME) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite('ISO code:  ' & _WinAPI_GetGeoInfo($ID, $GEO_ISO3) & @CRLF)

• Moderators

tonycst,

Are you running the Beta? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area