Pause - Data Entry - Continue

Guest aryanez

Guest aryanez

I'm writing my first script to automate an installation for my company, but I need to relinquish control of the install for the user to input data and then trigger the script to continue once they're done. I'm sure that greater minds have already done it, just need some guidance. Thanks

I'm writing my first script to automate an installation for my company, but I need to relinquish control of the install for the user to input data and then trigger the script to continue once they're done.  I'm sure that greater minds have already done it, just need some guidance.  Thanks

Welcome on board,

You can start the installer by

• Run(
  • WinWaitActive(
  • Send
  • WinWaitActive(

have the user input by InputBox(

that the basic you need to learn

Have a look to example which have been install

Good learning

Edited by jpm

Guest aryanez

I've got the script written upto the point to where the user needs to fill out their extension number as part of the install. I even have the InputBox appearing, but I need the value typed into the input box to be passed to the setup program.

:whistle:

I've got the script written upto the point to where the user needs to fill out their extension number as part of the install.  I even have the InputBox appearing, but I need the value typed into the input box to be passed to the setup program.

$string=inputbox(

WinActivate( ...installer window

Send($string ...

can be more complicated if you need to change to the specific field you want to set.

Send(@TAB & $string ...

does that help?

can be more complicated if you need to change to the specific field you want to set.

Send(@TAB & $string ...

Why not use ControlSend instead of Send ?

ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "This is a line of text in the notepad window")

Why not use ControlSend instead of Send ?

ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "This is a line of text in the notepad window")

B)

I knew that there will be a remark but I was afraid to explain this new dimension for a newbie (sorry aryanez)

In fact in wanted to answer fast so it can have a first guidance and do his own research in the doc.

But you are right just explain him the control numbering/ AutoIt Spy ... :whistle: