How to take focus automatically by VNC

shiv

Hi All,

I am running my autoit scripts through jenkins at some specified time at any remote machine.

and at that time my local machine is not ON.

I just want to know that can we do something for VNC, that the focus is autoomatically taken by VNC on the remote machine instead we take it manually every day

Thanks

I don't know well Jenkins, but very well VNC.

Please explain better your problem...... So you launch VNC on your hosts via Jenkins ?

What type of VNC (realvnc - tightvnc - ultravnc ) ?

And you want  to take the focus of what ? (the desktop ? a window ?)

Or you want to start vnc server on remote hosts only if your pc is on ?

Tell me ..

Edited by t0nZ

I don't know well Jenkins, but very well VNC.

Please explain better your problem...... So you launch VNC on your hosts via Jenkins ?

What type of VNC (realvnc - tightvnc - ultravnc ) ?

And you want  to take the focus of what ? (the desktop ? a window ?)

Or you want to start vnc server on remote hosts only if your pc is on ?

Tell me ..

Hi t0nZ

excuse me, I read you say you know very well VNC, allow me a question please,

is it possible to launch a VNC session with a remote client without any preinstalled sw on the remote client (but launched "on the fly"), and without any action performed by the remote user? and if so, how?

thanks

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

:thumbsdown: This would be an very open door for hacker and Virus  :thumbsdown:

??? :blink:  ???

Of course to use vnc is only allowed if you already have administrative rights on clients,

so instead of doing a manual and permanent setup, I'm just asking how to do it in an easy way and "on the fly" (using AutoIT and PAexec for example. This is already allowed, having administrative rights)

(indeed, in this way avoids leaving permanent installations ready to be used by someone passing by?)

I think this is harmless and will not open new doors to guests, because any administrator already has the door open.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Ok so you want to connect to a remote host to control the desktop.

You call the remote host "client", but for VNC that is the VNC "server", and you, the viewer , are the VNC "client".

Now yes with PSexec / PAexec you can easily launch the server if you are in a LAN and you have administrative rights on the remote host.

But I like to pre-install  a vnc server in every my pc in lan, you can configure some options for additional security (like whitelist of ip allowed to connect).

In my work i have also to assist 120 windows host around the world, for this I use this method plus a "vnc tunnel" (www.echogent.com) , so I don't care of remote firewalls.

It's a sistem like teamviewer, but I have the "man in the middle" in my datacenter, and I have buyed one time one license.