Newbie needs assistance with Java and Win7

Netcruzn

All,

I am no programmer or script writer however willing and trying to learn. I have been tasked with finding a script to add to a list of on going code that will determine the correct or current version of Java installed on multiple platforms in a corporate enterprise environment. We are using xp and win7 and what has been determined with what the current code provides us is inconsistent. I have found several other post regarding this but need some good complete code that works. What we have found is when running the current code the version of java do not match from system32 to the wow6432node. We would like these to be consistent. The script would need to determine the current version/s and allow us push the correct version a java 7.x as needed from a login script. I hope this makes some sense as I may have even confused myself. Any assistance or a direction would be absolutely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Netcruzn

• Moderators

Hi, netcruzn, welcome to the forum. You mention you have read other posts, have you tried the examples you found there? Understand that this forum is dedicated to helping people with their own scripts; we practice more of a "teach a man to fish" philosophy rather than spoon-feeding code to folks. If you have code that is not working as you would like it to, feel free to post it here along with a detailed description of what is not working, and we will be happy to assist.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

My manager actually has code he has written and is much more familiar than I. I just stepped into this role on Monday and yet to have obtained admin rights to the specified sites. Once I get my hands on this I will submit the current code that is written. I was more or less casting a line and hope hoping to catch a fish. I completely understand the concept and not looking to be spoon fed per say. Just looking for ideas how to get started with this and best places to look. 

Thanks for your reply!