C++ msvcr120d.dll missing

nitekram

OK...still just trying to work on this >DLL (that I did not write to begin with, but adding features and fixing some bugs).

When I came to work, I thought I might be able to do some work on the GUI part, but after my script runs I get this error msvcr120d.dll missing, and then my program crashes with the error "Subscript used with non-Array variable.", yet this code works find on my computer that has the IDE installed

I guess my question would be, how do I make sure that when I build my solution in Visual Studios 2013 express, meaning I get my DLL created, how do I add the files needed for the application to work outside of the computer that has the Visual Studios installed? Is there some type of include file, that I can make sure these get brought over with my DLL. What would the command look like?

Thanks in advance

EDIT,

And now I read this, Debug version of C runtime. No redistribution allowed, for the DLL in question, so I must be missing a step? How do you design an application/dll, if Microsoft does not allow you to redistribute some dll. Or is there something else I am missing, sorry noob here

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

You need to adjust compiler to use proper runtime libs during code generation. My guess is that you left default (dev environment) settings, being /MD for release config.

So go to project properties and in C/C++ click Code Generation and then choose Multi-threaded (/MT) for Runtime Library.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Yes, just left everything alone - except adding the include directory and added ">Multi-Byte Character Set

Will try your suggestion when I get home - thanks so much. So wishing that I stuck with C++, as when I found AutoIt - I told myself "this is the only programming language I need to learn - cause it is that good!" 

Is there a dummies book or website, that might explain the setups for the IDE, as this would be twice that code would not work, because the IDE needed to be configured - the right way, and being a noob, I have no clue.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I have never used multi-byte char set.

If I were you I would stick to unicode and learn to use wide-character versions of functions. There is no real function called MessageBox, did you know that? The function is MessageBoxW or MessageBoxA.

::MessageBoxW(nullptr, L"Some Text", L"Super Duper Title", MB_SYSTEMMODAL);
::MessageBoxA(nullptr, "Some Text", "Super Duper Title", MB_SYSTEMMODAL);

::MessageBox(nullptr, _T("Some Text"), _T("Super Duper Title"), MB_SYSTEMMODAL);

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I have never used multi-byte char set.

If I were you I would stick to unicode and learn to use wide-character versions of functions. There is no real function called MessageBox, did you know that? The function is MessageBoxW or MessageBoxA.

::MessageBoxW(nullptr, L"Some Text", L"Super Duper Title", MB_SYSTEMMODAL);
::MessageBoxA(nullptr, "Some Text", "Super Duper Title", MB_SYSTEMMODAL);

::MessageBox(nullptr, _T("Some Text"), _T("Super Duper Title"), MB_SYSTEMMODAL);

I did see those two mentioned...did not know that the one I was calling was a Macro though. I do believe I tried at least once or twice on both, but as stated in the other post...I kept getting error messages. After 4 hours of trying, I left it until yesterday, when I posted here.

I tried doing a search for both of those messageboxw and messageboxa but could not locate the exact word, as per search? But I do remember seeing them in my 4 hour grind to make a message box show a variable. I about have no hair, as it was all pulled out on Friday.

I do not mine learning, and those 4 hours were full of learning - lol

I cannot wait to get home and see if I can find that setting, but will have to wait until Monday to test it and see if I do not get any errors.

Thanks again for your all's time!!!

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Kool...will get a chance later tonight to get that optioned checked.

Now, without me looking like I want everything, is there any other configurations that I will have to do, in order for me to create normal windows application, that will run on XP and up? I almost wish there was a wizard - even though I hate those things. Or maybe there is a website that can be used for configuration options.

And I thank you again for your time...

EDIT

changed some spelling

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

ok, tried it, but got more then I expected. Before I added that change, I could build the DLL, but after got about 30 errors? Any clue if this is going to be a simple fix?

ERROR:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Win32Project2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  stdafx.cpp
1>  dllmain.cpp
1>  Win32Project2.cpp
1>     Creating library C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.lib and object C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlocale.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::_String_const_iterator<class std::_String_val<struct std::_Simple_types<char> > >::_Compat(class std::_String_const_iterator<class std::_String_val<struct std::_Simple_types<char> > > const &)const " (?_Compat@?$_String_const_iterator@V?$_String_val@U?$_Simple_types@D@std@@@std@@@std@@QBEXABV12@@Z)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xmbtowc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>libcpmtd.lib(wlocale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(wlocale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlocale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xwcsxfrm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg referenced in function "private: void __thiscall std::_Yarn<char>::_Tidy(void)" (?_Tidy@?$_Yarn@D@std@@AAEXXZ)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(_tolower.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __calloc_dbg referenced in function __Getctype
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlocale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xwcsxfrm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg referenced in function "public: class std::_Yarn<char> & __thiscall std::_Yarn<char>::operator=(char const *)" (??4?$_Yarn@D@std@@QAEAAV01@PBD@Z)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(wlocale.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __realloc_dbg referenced in function "private: static void __cdecl std::locale::_Locimp::_Locimp_Addfac(class std::locale::_Locimp *,class std::locale::facet *,unsigned int)" (?_Locimp_Addfac@_Locimp@locale@std@@CAXPAV123@PAVfacet@23@I@Z)
1>C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Ok, was able to resolve the warning, by changing the setting in the linker, under properites, but now I have even more errors - 65?

ERROR_2

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Win32Project2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  stdafx.cpp
1>  dllmain.cpp
1>  Win32Project2.cpp
1>     Creating library C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.lib and object C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.exp
1>dllmain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
1>dllmain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __purecall
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) referenced in function "char * __cdecl std::_Allocate<char>(unsigned int,char *)" (??$_Allocate@D@std@@YAPADIPAD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __thiscall std::_Facet_base::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_G_Facet_base@std@@UAEPAXI@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _atexit referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static class std::_Generic_error_category std::_Error_objects<int>::_Generic_object''(void)" (??__E?_Generic_object@?$_Error_objects@H@std@@2V_Generic_error_category@2@A@@YAXXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter referenced in function "public: struct Move const & __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterator<class std::_Vector_val<struct std::_Simple_types<struct Move> > >::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Vector_const_iterator@V?$_Vector_val@U?$_Simple_types@UMove@@@std@@@std@@@std@@QBEABUMove@@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memcpy referenced in function "public: static char * __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::copy(char *,char const *,unsigned int)" (?copy@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAPADPADPBDI@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memset referenced in function "public: static char * __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::assign(char *,unsigned int,char)" (?assign@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAPADPADID@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memset
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strlen referenced in function "char * __cdecl std::_Maklocstr<char>(char const *,char *,struct _Cvtvec const &)" (??$_Maklocstr@D@std@@YAPADPBDPADABU_Cvtvec@@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memmove referenced in function "public: static char * __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::move(char *,char const *,unsigned int)" (?move@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAPADPADPBDI@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcspn referenced in function "private: class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > __cdecl std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > >::_Fput(class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class std::ios_base &,char,char const *,unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int)const " (?_Fput@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@ABA?AV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@V32@AAVios_base@2@DPBDIIII@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)" (??0_Lockit@std@@QAE@H@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _free referenced in function "void __cdecl std::_DebugHeapDelete<class std::_Facet_base>(class std::_Facet_base *)" (??$_DebugHeapDelete@V_Facet_base@std@@@std@@YAXPAV_Facet_base@0@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __hypot referenced in function _hypot
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::runtime_error const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall std::runtime_error::~runtime_error(void)" (??1runtime_error@std@@UAE@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UBEPBDXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl std::uncaught_exception(void)" (?uncaught_exception@std@@YA_NXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::sentry::~sentry(void)" (??1sentry@?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPAX@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall std::ctype<char>::_Tidy(void)" (?_Tidy@?$ctype@D@std@@IAEXXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sprintf_s referenced in function "protected: virtual class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > __thiscall std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > >::do_put(class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class std::ios_base &,char,long)const " (?do_put@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@MBE?AV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@V32@AAVios_base@2@DJ@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: struct Move const & __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterator<class std::_Vector_val<struct std::_Simple_types<struct Move> > >::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Vector_const_iterator@V?$_Vector_val@U?$_Simple_types@UMove@@@std@@@std@@@std@@QBEABUMove@@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg referenced in function "private: void __thiscall std::_Yarn<char>::_Tidy(void)" (?_Tidy@?$_Yarn@D@std@@AAEXXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl std::_Debug_pointer<class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)>(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & (__cdecl*)(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &),wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (??$_Debug_pointer@$$A6AAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@AAV12@@Z@std@@YAXP6AAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@@ZPB_WI@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xbad_alloc(void)" (?_Xbad_alloc@std@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "char * __cdecl std::_Allocate<char>(unsigned int,char *)" (??$_Allocate@D@std@@YAPADIPAD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Xlen(void)const " (?_Xlen@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEXXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xout_of_range(char const *)" (?_Xout_of_range@std@@YAXPBD@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Xran(void)const " (?_Xran@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEXXZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(class std::bad_cast const &)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::bad_cast::~bad_cast(void)" (??1bad_cast@std@@UAE@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _localeconv referenced in function "private: class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > __cdecl std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > >::_Fput(class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class std::ios_base &,char,char const *,unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int)const " (?_Fput@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@ABA?AV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@V32@AAVios_base@2@DPBDIIII@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __Getctype referenced in function "public: struct _Ctypevec __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Getctype(void)const " (?_Getctype@_Locinfo@std@@QBE?AU_Ctypevec@@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __Getcvt referenced in function "public: struct _Cvtvec __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Getcvt(void)const " (?_Getcvt@_Locinfo@std@@QBE?AU_Cvtvec@@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __Tolower referenced in function "protected: virtual char __thiscall std::ctype<char>::do_tolower(char)const " (?do_tolower@?$ctype@D@std@@MBEDD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __Toupper referenced in function "protected: virtual char __thiscall std::ctype<char>::do_toupper(char)const " (?do_toupper@?$ctype@D@std@@MBEDD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,char const *)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@PBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(char const *)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@PBD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_dtor(class std::_Locinfo *)" (?_Locinfo_dtor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::~_Locinfo(void)" (??1_Locinfo@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z) referenced in function "public: static void * __cdecl std::locale::facet::operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??2facet@locale@std@@SAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@2@PADH@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??_U@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z) referenced in function "char * __cdecl std::_Maklocstr<char>(char const *,char *,struct _Cvtvec const &)" (??$_Maklocstr@D@std@@YAPADPBDPADABU_Cvtvec@@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const & __cdecl std::_DebugHeapTag_func(void)" (?_DebugHeapTag_func@std@@YAABU_DebugHeapTag_t@1@XZ) referenced in function "char * __cdecl std::_Maklocstr<char>(char const *,char *,struct _Cvtvec const &)" (??$_Maklocstr@D@std@@YAPADPBDPADABU_Cvtvec@@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Facet_Register(class std::_Facet_base *)" (?_Facet_Register@std@@YAXPAV_Facet_base@1@@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Getgloballocale(void)" (?_Getgloballocale@locale@std@@CAPAV_Locimp@12@XZ) referenced in function "public: class std::locale::facet const * __thiscall std::locale::_Getfacet(unsigned int)const " (?_Getfacet@locale@std@@QBEPBVfacet@12@I@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "char const * __cdecl std::_Syserror_map(int)" (?_Syserror_map@std@@YAPBDH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual class std::error_condition __thiscall std::_System_error_category::default_error_condition(int)const " (?default_error_condition@_System_error_category@std@@UBE?AVerror_condition@2@H@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "char const * __cdecl std::_Winerror_map(int)" (?_Winerror_map@std@@YAPBDH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall std::_System_error_category::message(int)const " (?message@_System_error_category@std@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@H@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8 referenced in function __catch$??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z$0
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function __catch$??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z$0
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CxxThrowException@8 referenced in function __catch$??$_Construct@V?$move_iterator@V?$_Vector_iterator@V?$_Vector_val@U?$_Simple_types@UMove@@@std@@@std@@@std@@@std@@@?$vector@UMove@@V?$allocator@UMove@@@std@@@std@@QAEXV?$move_iterator@V?$_Vector_iterator@V?$_Vector_val@U?$_Simple_types@UMove@@@std@@@std@@@std@@@1@0Uforward_iterator_tag@1@@Z$0
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp referenced in function __catch$??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z$0
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_UninitUse referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Board::CheckMove(int,int,int,bool,bool)" (?CheckMove@Board@@QAE_NHHH_N0@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3 referenced in function __unwindfunclet$??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z$2
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static int std::locale::id::_Id_cnt" (?_Id_cnt@id@locale@std@@0HA)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class std::locale::id std::ctype<char>::id" (?id@?$ctype@D@std@@2V0locale@2@A)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > std::cout" (?cout@std@@3V?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@1@A)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>Win32Project2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __DllMainCRTStartup@12
1>C:UsersnitekramDocumentsVisual Studio 2013ProjectsWin32Project2DebugWin32Project2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 59 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

more information, I uninstalled this (Visual Studios Express Desktop 2013) once before and with this install, I did not manually add the include folder? Just saying this again, cause I do find it strange, that the batch file ( vsvars32.bat under tools folder ) makes no changes to my computer path.

edit, maybe has to do with installing SDK? which i do not believe I have, just the express, does this need to be installe?

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I wonder if using this dll is as good as simply writing the code yourself. Does the dll accept short algebraic (chess) notation SAN input or does it rely on some obscure binary, or what? I'm not saying don't do this, I just wonder how easy it is to use. At the end of the day you're probably going to want to save the games to file, and there's only one universally accepted format.

Edited by czardas

Each piece type has a unique value which could be converted to use your code (I think).

The code I am using, was taken from the >AutoIt Chess script. The script does the GUI and DLL does the work. The code was so easy to follow, I thought it to be simple to work with - not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Anyway, it was kind of two fold...great way to get be back into C++, and use my favorite app - AutoIt. But, it is also a challege, trying to get something to work. Sort of the way I felt about chess, when I first caught the bug.

EDIT

started to write something else, and left the other part - cleared it up.

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I am trying to find the fix. One said to look at your command line for C++

/Yu"stdafx.h" /GS /analyze- /W3 /Zc:wchar_t /ZI /Gm /Od /sdl /Fd"Debugvc120.pdb" /fp:precise /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "WIN32PROJECT2_EXPORTS" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /errorReport:prompt /WX- /Zc:forScope /RTC1 /Gd /Oy- /MT /Fa"Debug" /EHsc /nologo /Fo"Debug" /Fp"DebugWin32Project2.pch"

saying change _WINDOWS to _CONSOLE

http://www.cpp-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16675

EDIT

THAT did not work, still looking

EDIT

tried this too

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/99f44529-7bbf-4d6a-a76b-c42ee8e713bc/error-lnk2001-when-i-use-the-nodefaultlib-lib-option

EDIT

tried this

shell32.lib

and this

libcmt.lib

LIBCPMT.LIB

http://www.databaseforum.info/29/951436.aspx

from this

When you open a .NET Class Library or ASP.NET Web Service project created in a previous version of Visual C++, /Zl will be added to the Command Line property page for the compiler in the project setting dialog box, but msvcrt.lib and msvcmrt.lib will not be added to the linker's Additional Dependencies property. This will result in a linker error (LNK2001) when you build the project. To resolve the error, add msvcrt.lib and msvcmrt.lib to the linker's Additional Dependencies property or delete /Zl from the compiler's Command Line property page.

TRIED

msvcrt.lib and msvcmrt.lib

this looks promising???

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19706421/visual-studio-2013-msvcr120-to-msvcr100

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/8kche8ah.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh%28VS.80%29.aspx

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I have to leave for a couple of hours...family duty. I will not be able to do any tests or look for fix. If anyone finds one, please let me know. I will continure to look when I get back

l8r

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I did look at that program a while back and found it not to be working. I'm not sure if under promotion is a feature. The GUI does not allow you to drag and drop pieces. I spent ages dragging around the AutoIt wizzard png trying to figure out how it could be done, but failed back then. Perhaps I could solve it now. This was the main thing holding me back at the time.

Also my old code is clumsy. Firstly, legallity of moves has to be prioritized. Then parsing pgn would access that module. A separate module would handle things like legallity of position and setup. All of this is may be jumping the gun - to add an engine we need to understand how to interact with UCI engines. Some other engines use .eng extension - I don't know the difference.

I believe looking at the bigger picture will give clues as to the best approach. If you look at example programs like winboard, a precedent has already been set - one that's very difficult to follow. No doubt what you are doing will enhance your coding skills, but I think the above points are worth consideration if you want seamless integration.

Just found this: UCI protocol

and this: Stockfish

Edited by czardas

So, just quick looking at that - the interface would be the only thing we would need, no matter how we built the GUI. We just create a table of data and then convert for each side - does that sound right, or am I way off?

So writing that interface would be your job - lol. I would like for it to have an A.I. and that way we could just play against any of the many ones out there, once load from the GUI.

I guess my problem above could be solved if I just included the dll's that were needed. I do believe it has to do with the configuration, so that is where I am going to start.

As for the existing app - it is far from done, but more then 3/4, and because the code was so easy to understand - it was kind of like a no brainer. I have already fixed a bug with the original dll, as the pawn could jump to the second square, no matter what piece was sitting in front of it. And I am almost done with castling, I just need to move the rook to the other side, and check for rook or king movement, oh an if the king is in check is covered, but do not believe the square he is landing on is, but I think it is going to be easy to check it, as the dll already has a function called something like checkkingcheck();

There is a to do list that was left from the original code, as well as the one that I created. It may be slow, but I think worth it, if my son happens to enjoy the game. He (turned 5 in July) already won his first game agains his cousin (Freshman in high school). Both only knew how to move, nothing more, not even to take back. I walked out of the room, just to see how it was handled - he had his cousin' s king in check 3 times, and was declared the winner.

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

and this: Stockfish

Is that only a linux based engine?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

UCI engines are platform independant. It seems they make use of long algebraic notation, if you read the specs. With castling, three squares need to be free from attack - It doesn't matter if the rook is attacked or the queen's knight square. You already know this. :whistle:

Great to hear about your son's chess victory. Three checks at that age sounds like a win to me. :)

Edited by czardas