I thought it was String?

xG00BERx

Go to solution Solved by michaelslamet,

Ok so I am coding and things seem to work a little bit different with autoit compared to other languages. This messes up and doesnt send Idk how it should go thank you.

That doesn't work

$test = "Hello world"

MsgBox (0, "Whatever", $test )

Thats how I thought it would go.

I have looked at all the Strings as thats how you do it in Java and C# but was curious why it didn't work here. Thanks sorry I am having a slow day perhaps thats just the issue lol :)

Wow this was just a test Question it is not what I actually was doing. here Ill post what I wanted to do...

The whole $version part is what I am trying to do... Make the title of the GUI return Stats 0.0.1 BETA Instead of getting 0

Func Example()
    Local $widthCell, $msg, $iOldOpt, $version

$version = "0.0.1 BETA"
    GUICreate ( "Stats " + $version, 850, 500 )

GUISetHelp("notepad.exe") ; will run notepad if F1 is typed
    $iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)

GUISetState() ; will display an empty dialog box

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

$iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", $iOldOpt)
EndFunc

An easy mistake to make as a few languages have different ways of combining string literals.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Wow this was just a test Question it is not what I actually was doing. here Ill post what I wanted to do...

The whole $version part is what I am trying to do... Make the title of the GUI return Stats 0.0.1 BETA Instead of getting 0

Func Example()
    Local $widthCell, $msg, $iOldOpt, $version

$version = "0.0.1 BETA"
    GUICreate ( "Stats " + $version, 850, 500 )

GUISetHelp("notepad.exe") ; will run notepad if F1 is typed
    $iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)

GUISetState() ; will display an empty dialog box

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

$iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", $iOldOpt)
EndFunc

Well do yourself and everyone else a favour, when you want help,, post your probem, instead of working code and absolutely no indication of what your problem is.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.