Multi Computer Clipboard

Damein

Very quick and dry program.

Uses an ini file to save info from each computer, and can paste the clipboard from one computer to another by assigning 1 or 2 to a computer.

Pressing Ctrl + V and then 1 or 2 (Only setup for two computers, since thats all I use) will allow you to paste from either one.

Source Forge Link (With rar download)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/multicomputerclipboard/

Source

#RequireAdmin
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Icon.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=R.S.S.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <Clipboard.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")
Global $Count = 0, $Computer = "", $ClipboardLocation = ""

While $ClipboardLocation = ""
$ClipboardLocation = FileOpenDialog("Clipboard Location...", @DesktopDir & "", "All (*.*)",1)
If $ClipboardLocation = "" Then
    MsgBox(48, "Error", "Please locate the .ini file!")
EndIf
WEnd

While $Computer = ""
$Inputbox = Inputbox("Assign computer..", "Is this computer 1 or computer 2?")
If $Inputbox = 1 Then
    $Computer = "1"
ElseIf $Inputbox = 2 Then
    $Computer = "2"
ElseIf $Inputbox == 1 or 2 Then
    MsgBox(48, "Error", "Please input either 1 or 2!")
EndIf
WEnd

HotKeySet("^{v}", "_ActivateClipboard")

Func _ActivateClipboard()
    While $Count = 0
    If _IsPressed("31", $hDLL) Then
    $DesktopClipboard = IniRead($ClipboardLocation, "Clipboards","Desktop","NotFound")
    Send("{Backspace}" & $DesktopClipboard)
    $Count = 1
    ElseIf _IsPressed("32", $hDLL) Then
    $LaptopClipboard = IniRead($ClipboardLocation, "Clipboards","Laptop","NotFound")
    Send("{Backspace}" & $LaptopClipboard)
    $Count = 1
    EndIf
WEnd
$Count = 0
EndFunc

While 1
    $CurrentClipboard = ClipGet()
    If $CurrentClipboard = "" Then
        Sleep(10)
    Else
        If $Computer = 1 Then
        IniWrite($ClipboardLocation,"Clipboards", "Desktop", $CurrentClipboard)
        Sleep(100)
        $CurrentClipboard = ""
        _ClipBoard_Empty()
    ElseIf $Computer = 2 Then
        IniWrite($ClipboardLocation,"Clipboards", "Laptop", $CurrentClipboard)
        Sleep(100)
        $CurrentClipboard = ""
        _ClipBoard_Empty()
    EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Perhaps add a note this is intended for text data only.

Also there are a couple of issues with logic in the program, what if the user has the program running and copies data for purposes of just using on their machine? From what I see the data is emptied upon write to the INI file and thus is not possible to paste on the current machine, you then have the issue with Unicode data as INI files are ANSI. It's a good start at least, but need to think about other people's usage as you posted this on SourceForge hence I expect you're wanting this to reach mass market and not for your own usage.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

An easy work around to the Unicode issue is to use FileOpen in write mode with one of the  $FO_UTF* variables to create the file with unicode support before you write to it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

An easy work around to the Unicode issue is to use FileOpen in write mode with one of the  $FO_UTF* variables to create the file with unicode support before you write to it.

Well the best approach wouldn't be to use an INI file, which is why I didn't offer this "workaround".

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Perhaps add a note this is intended for text data only.

Also there are a couple of issues with logic in the program, what if the user has the program running and copies data for purposes of just using on their machine? From what I see the data is emptied upon write to the INI file and thus is not possible to paste on the current machine, you then have the issue with Unicode data as INI files are ANSI. It's a good start at least, but need to think about other people's usage as you posted this on SourceForge hence I expect you're wanting this to reach mass market and not for your own usage.

Actually, you can paste it on the current machine. All you have to do is press Ctrl+V and the current machine's number. IE: if you copied "lol" on "1" and then Ctrl+V then 1, it will paste the "lol".

But yes, the other data pasting doesn't work with Ctrl+V but I have noticed just right-clicking and pasting still works for those.

I may expand upon this, but I really just made it for myself and thought I'd share.

Thanks for the feed back though!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

OK, but then why did you post on SourceForge? Just interested.

UDF List:

Well, like I said I just wanted to share it. It works just as I needed it so I thought maybe someone else would find a need.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made