_GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort, a problem, a solution and a question

benners

Problem

I am trying to sort a list view with checkboxes in descending order. The _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort function works as intended but upon first sort if all the checkboxes are uncheck when the sort is complete the item that was at index 0 is checked. This seems to be a problem when __GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices used by the simplesort returns a blankempty result.

It's not often I look at the default includes, I'm normally just happy functions work but there is some code in the sorting function in GuiListView.au3 that checks for comparision and if the items match then the checked state is set to True,

For $Z = 1 To $i_checked[0]
    If $a_lv[$x][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $i_checked[$Z] Then
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($hWnd, $x, True)
    ExitLoop
   EndIf
Next

This comparison is correct as ithe first index (0) matches the __GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices returned string (blank seen as 0) to it is assumed that the checkbox is to be selected.

The __GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices seems to be longer than required and uses Redim inside a loop which, from information picked up on the forum, is a not ideal. I have searched on the bug tracker for tickets related to _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort and they're all closed and the latest beta performs the same, so this may not be a problem. I know that _GUICtrlListView_RegisterSortCallBack sorts checkbox items correctly and the checked state remain the same but this would mean more code and probably my own sorting function to sort desecending by default.

My Solution

I have used the simplesort example from the help file and removed code I don't need and have also added __GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort to enable use of a shortened _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices that does not alter the checkbox state when sorting.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Debug_LV = False ; Check ClassName being passed to ListView functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

Global $hListView

_Main()

Func _Main()

GUICreate("ListView SimpleSort", 400, 300)

$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1|col2|col3", 2, 2, 394, 268)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) ; added
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line4|5|more_a", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line5|4.50 |more_c", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line5|4.0 |more_c", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line3|23|more_e", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line2|0.34560 |more_d", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|1.0 |more_b", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|0.1 |more_b", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|10|more_b", $hListView)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 0, 75)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 1, 75)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 2, 75)

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

Global $B_DESCENDING[_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView)]

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()

EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam
    Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo
    $hWndListView = $hListView
    If Not IsHWnd($hListView) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($hListView)

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    Switch $hWndFrom
        Case $hWndListView
            Switch $iCode
                Case $LVN_COLUMNCLICK ; A column was clicked
                    $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $ilParam)
;~                  _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($hWndListView, $B_DESCENDING, DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")) ; original help file line
                    __GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($hWndListView, $B_DESCENDING, DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")) ; line to use reworked function
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort
; Description ...: Sorts a list-view control (limited)
; Syntax.........: _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($hWnd, ByRef $vDescending, $iCol)
; Parameters ....: $hWnd        - Handle to the control
;                  $vDescending - Can be:
;                  | True       - Sort Descending
;                  | False      - Sort Ascending
;                  +Array       - With the following format:
;                  |[0]         - First Column
;                  |[1]         - Second Column
;                  |[n]         - Last Column
;                  $iCol        - Column number
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: Gary Frost (gafrost)
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: This is a basic sort fuction, for advanced sort see GUICtrlRegisterListViewSort
; Related .......: GUICtrlRegisterListViewSort
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func __GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($hWnd, ByRef $vDescending, $iCol)
    If $Debug_LV Then __UDF_ValidateClassName($hWnd, $__LISTVIEWCONSTANT_ClassName)

If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd) Then
        Local $b_desc
        If (IsArray($vDescending)) Then
            $b_desc = $vDescending[$iCol]
        Else
            $b_desc = $vDescending
        EndIf
        Local $columns = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hWnd)
        Local $items = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd)
        Local $temp_item = ""
        Local $SeparatorChar = Opt('GUIDataSeparatorChar')

For $x = 1 To $columns
            $temp_item = $temp_item & " " & $SeparatorChar
        Next

$temp_item = StringTrimRight($temp_item, 1)
        Local $a_lv[$items][$columns + 1]

Local $i_selected = StringSplit(_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($hWnd), $SeparatorChar)
        Local $i_checked = _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices($hWnd, $SeparatorChar) ; new line
;~      Local $i_checked = StringSplit(__GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices($hWnd), $SeparatorChar) ; UDF line

Local $v_item, $iFocused = -1

For $x = 0 To UBound($a_lv) - 1 Step 1
            If $iFocused = -1 Then
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemFocused($hWnd, $x) Then $iFocused = $x
            EndIf
            _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, False)
            _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($hWnd, $x, False)
            For $Y = 0 To UBound($a_lv, 2) - 2 Step 1
                $v_item = StringStripWS(_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWnd, $x, $Y), 2)
                If (StringIsFloat($v_item) Or StringIsInt($v_item)) Then
                    $a_lv[$x][$Y] = Number($v_item)
                Else
                    $a_lv[$x][$Y] = $v_item
                EndIf
            Next
            $a_lv[$x][$Y] = $x
        Next

_ArraySort($a_lv, $b_desc, 0, 0, $iCol)

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hWnd, $x, $a_lv[$x][$Y], $Y)
            Next

For $Z = 1 To $i_selected[0]
                If $a_lv[$x][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $i_selected[$Z] Then
                    If $a_lv[$x][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $iFocused Then
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, True, True)
                    Else
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, True)
                    EndIf
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
        Next

$vDescending[$iCol] = Not $b_desc
        Else
            $vDescending = Not $b_desc
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>__GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort

Func _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices($hWnd, $sDelim)

Local $aIndices[1] = [0] ; empty array for return if no items checked
    Local $sIndices = ''

For $i = 0 To _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd) - 1
        If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemChecked($hWnd, $i) Then $sIndices &= $i & $sDelim
    Next

If Not $sIndices Then Return $aIndices ; return the empty array if the string is blank
    Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sIndices, StringLen($sDelim)), $sDelim)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices

If there is a better way to do the above using the standard includes?. Searching the forum I found guiness has done a similar function to get checked states here and based mine on his.

Question

What are the reasons for sending an array as the $B_DESCENDING parameter rather than TrueFalse

Thanks

This should be fixed in the AutoIt beta.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

benners,

Nice - I can see nothing wrong with your solution. There must have been a good reason why the function needed to return either an array or a string at one time, but as it stands now it is only ever called at this one point from within the GUIListView include - so I see no point in retaining that level of internal complexity. :thumbsup:

As to why $B_DESCENDING should be an aray, it needs to cover all the columns - one per element. If you do not store the result of the last sort, then Windows and AutoIt assume that the next sort of that column should be ascending regardless of what the user thinks. I fell foul of this in my GUIListViewEx UDF where the parameter was only Local and so not retained between sorts. Clear now? :)

M23

P.S. I will move this thread to "Dev Chat" where it will not get hidden among the other general threads and others more versed in UDF coding than I can comment.

Edit: guinness, the problem still exists in the .23 Beta when I tested. :(

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

There was an issue I fixed ages ago (back in 2012) but seems it was a different issue - #1996. Sorry about that.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks for the replies.

I can also confirm that the problem exists in the latest beta v3.3.9.23. Looking at the beta GuiListView.au3 the problem code seems the same. Although __GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices never returns an array if it does then _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort will try to stringsplit it.

@Melba23

Thought I was losing it then when I couldn't find my post lol and thanks for the explanation

Edited by benners

• Moderators

benners,

Here is my suggested replacement function. It uses just an array, rather than an array and a string, and so I have removed the $iDelim parameter as it is no longer required:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Debug_LV = False ; Check ClassName being passed to ListView functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

Global $hListView

_Main()

Func _Main()

GUICreate("ListView SimpleSort", 400, 300)

$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1|col2|col3", 2, 2, 394, 268)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)
    GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) ; added
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line4|5|more_a", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line5|4.50 |more_c", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line5|4.0 |more_c", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line3|23|more_e", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line2|0.34560 |more_d", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|1.0 |more_b", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|0.1 |more_b", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("line1|10|more_b", $hListView)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 0, 75)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 1, 75)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 2, 75)

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

Global $B_DESCENDING[_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView)]

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()

EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam
    Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo
    $hWndListView = $hListView
    If Not IsHWnd($hListView) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($hListView)

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    Switch $hWndFrom
        Case $hWndListView
            Switch $iCode
                Case $LVN_COLUMNCLICK ; A column was clicked
                    $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $ilParam)
                    _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort_Mod($hWndListView, $B_DESCENDING, DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")) ; line to use reworked function
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Func _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort_Mod($hWnd, ByRef $vDescending, $iCol)

If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd) Then
        Local $b_desc
            $b_desc = $vDescending[$iCol]
        Else
            $b_desc = $vDescending
        EndIf
        Local $columns = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hWnd)
        Local $items = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd)
        Local $temp_item = ""
        Local $SeparatorChar = Opt('GUIDataSeparatorChar')

For $x = 1 To $columns
            $temp_item = $temp_item & " " & $SeparatorChar
        Next

$temp_item = StringTrimRight($temp_item, 1)
        Local $a_lv[$items][$columns + 1]

Local $i_selected = StringSplit(_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($hWnd), $SeparatorChar)

Local $i_checked = _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices_Mod($hWnd) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Local $v_item, $iFocused = -1

If $iFocused = -1 Then
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemFocused($hWnd, $x) Then $iFocused = $x
            EndIf
            _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, False)
            _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($hWnd, $x, False)
                $v_item = StringStripWS(_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWnd, $x, $Y), 2)
                If (StringIsFloat($v_item) Or StringIsInt($v_item)) Then
                    $a_lv[$x][$Y] = Number($v_item)
                Else
                    $a_lv[$x][$Y] = $v_item
                EndIf
            Next
            $a_lv[$x][$Y] = $x
        Next

_ArraySort($a_lv, $b_desc, 0, 0, $iCol)

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hWnd, $x, $a_lv[$x][$Y], $Y)
            Next

For $Z = 1 To $i_selected[0]
                If $a_lv[$x][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $i_selected[$Z] Then
                    If $a_lv[$x][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $iFocused Then
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, True, True)
                    Else
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hWnd, $x, True)
                    EndIf
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
        Next

$vDescending[$iCol] = Not $b_desc
        Else
            $vDescending = Not $b_desc
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort_Mod

Func _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices_Mod($hWnd)

Local $iCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd)

; Create max size array
    Local $aSelected[$iCount + 1] = [0]
    For $i = 0 To $iCount - 1
        If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemChecked($hWnd, $i) Then
            $aSelected[0] += 1
            $aSelected[$aSelected[0]] = $i
        EndIf
    Next
    ; Remove unfilled elements
    ReDim $aSelected[$aSelected[0] + 1]

Return $aSelected

EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices_Mod
Note the trick to limit the function to a single ReDim - you may find it useful elsewhere, I use it all the time. ;)

All,

Can others try this script and check it works for them too - and/or comment on the code. Once we have some confirmation that it does indeed work I will approach the powers-that-be to get it added to the next Beta. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I will test, but that code is from the stable version and not the beta .23.

Edit: Issue is fixed.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Moderators

guinness,

Excellent. :)

M23

Spoiler

Melba23,

Thanks, code works as expected. Also added  _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices_Mod func to beta GuiListView.au3 and updated beta _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort func with

Local $i_checked = _GUICtrlListView_GetCheckedIndices_Mod($hWnd) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and Beta ran it, the example still works.

When checking the beta GuiListView.au3 using SciTE and SyntaxCheck Beta there is a syntax error regarding an illegal character '?' and ':' is this OK?, it's not related to the new code

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /beta /AU3Check /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\IncludeStructureConstants.au3"
+>16:49:31 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program FilesAutoIt3
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\IncludeStructureConstants.au3(1820,89) : ERROR: syntax error (illegal character)
        "uint cyIntegral;uint cxIdeal;lparam lParam;uint cxHeader" & ((@OSVersion = "WIN_XP") ?
       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

• Moderators

benners,

The error is caused by the new ternary syntax in the Beta - the 3.3.8.1 Au3Check cannot cope with it. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

benners,

New code committed and your name is now part of the GUIListView.au3 include file that is installed with AutoIt - a day to mark in your diary! :D

M23

Spoiler

benners,

New code committed and your name is now part of the GUIListView.au3 include file that is installed with AutoIt - a day to mark in your diary! :D

M23

Well I'd like to thank everybody who made this possible *sob* /speech

But seriously, thanks. It's not much, but if I can do some of the leg work to help yourself and others involved in this project I'm happy to do it

• Moderators

benners,

Anyone who offers explanations and possible solutions rather than just pointing out problems will always be welcome. I know this is not possible for the code code, but the UDFs are available for everyone to examine and suggestions are never just ignored without careful consideration. So thanks again - you deserved it. :)

M23

Spoiler

Here here.

UDF List: